How To Make A Fake Hornet's Nest & Why

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by AAnightowl, May 2, 2021.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

DIY Fake Wasp, Hornet, and Meat Bee Nests | Little House Big Alaska

If you or anyone you care about are allergic to bee stings, this is a great idea!

All you need is 1 brown lunch bag, some crumpled newspaper, a rubber band and a piece of wire to hang it from.

My best friend is deathly allergic to bee stings, and we are somewhat allergic also...

Cayuga Morning and S-H like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. AAnightowl
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Jewell
      Replies:
      Views:

3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Very interesting... I actually do the opposite, as I try to attract bees - As my neighbor is really scared of insects which bite and sting. So what I do is hang a little piece of beeswax, plus some sugar water also. And within no time, (when the season is right), bees automatically start building a nest over there.

While they are building their nest, I put a piece of PVC pipe which is closed on both ends, but has 2 wires sticking out of it - And inside it, there is a small DC motor, with an offset weight on it's shaft... Soon bees cover it all up with their new hive. While I continue to keep a steady supply of sugar water nearby for the bees to enjoy.

Next I just have to wait when ny neighbor is having a party, or has a family gathering outside. All I then need to do, is feed 12 volts DC power to those 2 wires. And the small motor starts vibrating the entire hive like crazy. Making the bees very angry.

So I then just sit back, drink lemonade, and watch on my big screen the outside security camera feed - How the angry bees bite my neighbor, and specially her hideously annoying children! Which is indeed a most delightful sight for me to enjoy.

:snicker: :rofl::smt044

I know, it's not a nice thing to do to anyone. But if any of you people knew my neighbor, and what a horrible person she is to everyone around. Then you also would have done similar things... So far, I have sent 2 legal notices to her from my lawyer. Just to put her in her proper place. But this horrible woman is still proving to be a headache for everyone else around.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Oh dear S-H. I like you & appreciate you but oh my, I'm glad we are not neighbors!

S-H likes this.
  5. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

:snicker: :rofl::smt044

Well she stated it Cayuga Morning, I never did anything but mind my own business. But that obnoxious women thinks that the entire world belongs to her...

But this post by AAnightowl is VERY interesting. I forwarded it to someone who had a bee infestation problem.

I just love it when there is a simple solution to a problem. And of course, without any pesticides!

Don't know why people don't realize that pesticides should be the absolute last resort. But I guess everyone has today become too lazy. And so opt for the easiest thing, even if it's more costly.

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  6. mart

mart Strong Ash

The neighbor in the nest pasture has commercial bee hives ! More than I can count ! I can sit outside from spring to frost and they are everywhere ! They are fascinating insects ! They will not bother you and may light on arms ect ,,,just do not swat them and you won`t get stung ! They are quite friendly actually ! I enjoy having them around ! Nothing worse than a pissed off bee,, except a PO`d red wasp !
    Hornets are very different and do not like anyone or anything !

7. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

They all help in pollination too. So without these marvelous and ultra smart insects, our global food production will instantly crash by at least 60%.

Which is why I am against harming them. So I say again, that this is a great post! Because if anyone doesn't want them buzzing around - Then just do what AAnightowl suggested.

This way the bees don't get harmed, and they just move to another place.

AAnightowl and Cayuga Morning like this.