How to stay awake for Midnight

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Jerry Sullivan, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Being a night owl I am often awake after midnight. If I find myself nodding off and I want to finish what I'm doing, I take a deep breath and hold it for as long as I can. Then I slowly let the air out. I find I am now wide awake and can complete what I was doing. Something to try tonight as midnight approaches.

Jerry

Cayuga Morning, Sjoerd and LIcenter like this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Pretty sure we are going to watch a Firefly/Serenity marathon tonight to stay awake. Plus we have found that on New Years Eve and on the 4th of July we need to stay awake in case one of our neighbors gets over zealous with the fireworks, which are illegal to set off inside the city limits but some neighbors hold themselves above the local laws. With good luck it will be too wet outside tonight for any fires to start.

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Last night we had family over for food and to watch the fireworks.
    We traditionally play poker and eat some more and chat....and most importantly laugh a lot.
    We did that until 03.30 hours.
    I stayed awake then, but this morning (almost afternoon) I have squinty eyes. They are going to have a traditional jump in the bay this afternoon...I may go down and watch those crazy people. hahaha. That'll keep a person awake the day after.

Kay and Cayuga Morning like this.
  5. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

I usually go to sleep around 8:00 PM, so in order for me to stay awake to bring in the new year, I'd have to suck in the entire room of all it's oxygen. I'm also a very early riser, so if you late nighters are in need of a fresh hot cuppa joe, by all means help yourself.

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I'm so not a party animal anymore...unless I'm dancing that is, and I wasn't dancing last night. In bed and snoozing by 10.00 and that was fine with me!!

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  7. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

We had some friends over for appetizers & drinks. I was so busy socializing, serving food, drink, talking talking talking, I had no trouble staying awake. But of course after all that socializing I had trouble falling asleep after everyone left. I think I was up until 2:30! Great time though. Well worth the lack of sleep.

8. Odif

Odif Young Pine

I fell asleep on the sofa and my wife and daughter woke me up at midnight to toast the new year in.

Kay and Cayuga Morning like this.
  9. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Happy New Year everyone! I did not manage to stay awake to ring in the new year, unless I can count that I saw the ball drop in Times Square. That is one hour ahead of us - close enough for me :chuckle: