Hypertufa Post Topper-two sided face

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by bethie, Jun 6, 2007.

1. bethie

bethie Young Pine

I wanted Hummingbird to see this. This starts with a piece of hardware cloth(ratwire) rolled the size of a toilet paper roll. The board I make this on has a hole drilled larger than the nail I will use. I am also on a slat table so I can get the nail in. Thick hypertufa is put over the roll and then just hand molded into a two sided face. It has a tendency to want to slump so the wire is an armature.The nail is inserted through the bottom. Then you drill a hole in your fencepost to set this in. I wanted a little face as I walk up the path to my house and I wanted a different face when I look out the kitchen window so...
    [​IMG]
    The eyes are marbles put in at creation. Globs are too flat for this. The piece was dried and then glassed and grouted but is really cute left plain also.
    Kitchen view.
    [​IMG]
    Path view.
    [​IMG]
    Hypertufa is Great Fun!! :)

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Bethie I just found your wonderful post and that blue beauty really stands out .I do wish I had such beauties in my garden.You have such a talent that I envy so much.I can see why you like it in your path and kitchen view.

4. hummingbird3172

hummingbird3172 In Flower

Bethie, thank you so much for posting these! Wow, I just love the mosaics too! What a happy face peeking out of the beautiful vines!

5. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

I love that Bethie! It must make you smile everytime you walk by it or look out your kitchen window! :)