I’m still here....

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by EJ, Jun 25, 2018.

1. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

.....just so darn busy! We haven’t had any rain in east anglia for nearly a month which has meant my work load has multiplied, I am out watering for customers at every turn, as well as trying to keep my greenhouses watered on the allotment along with normal paid gardening work, chores, kids, life, you know how it goes.

As for the allotment, I will post some pictures, but surprisingly, considering how very hot and dry it has been, (reached 30’c today) we have had some great harvests, but also some failures, garlic and peas mainly, but newly sown seeds are struggling to germinate in the dry ground. Unfortunately on our site we do not have mains water so can only use what Mother Nature provides, therefore, I water the seed drill, sow the seeds, cover them, water them again, then hope for the best.

Right, I shall post some pics.

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

EJ, all of us gardeners get busy and don't have the desired time to post. Happy to see you back!
    We've had a long dry spell too. Could you possibly set up some type of rain catchment system at the allotment? Glad you've had great harvests, and am hoping you have even more.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Dry here too. Mother Nature is supposed to bring rain tomorrow, but she was also supposed to bring rain last weekend which didn't happen.
    A day of rain would sure ease the workload!

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I'll put in a good word for you with Mother Nature....we have a history--sometimes stormy and sometimes congenial. She owes me a favour.