I’m Thinking Strawberries

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Sjoerd, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Time to begin cleaning the strawbs. We did two rows of this third year strawberry patch. Sorry about this digital foto.
    89DCB988-DE97-47D5-918A-E0C14E0FE4D7.jpeg

That pea strip did get a covering. Here is the black netting:
    32C94B78-0867-45CB-9F50-67AA58E04BBB.jpeg

Then, since the toms were planted at home, the Bride wanted to get that greenhouse painted. It sort of looks like a jailhouse.
    B5CFA508-67B2-4AF8-B5CD-AB550898BC34.jpeg

She wanted me to do a smiley on the front door.
    0EC5AA8F-3321-4E06-BFC4-052E8EA4B006.jpeg

When we got home we just had time to make these cinnamon-apple filo cushions.
    98BEEFDD-9868-45D5-9179-3481958CD423.jpeg

Jewell, Beeker, Daniel W and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Everything looks wonderful! Won't be long before your Bride is tasting the first strawberries.

Love the Jail House theme with the smiley face. :) I did look into that dissapearing paint and Canada is a little pokey at having it available.

I drive by a wee greenhouse when I go to town, where the owner painted coloured stained glass paint on the back to reduce heat. I always think I should try to get a photo - it reminds me of your creatively painted greenhouse. Things are coming along at an exciting rate for you both. Really lovely.

4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

What a great way to bring smiles by posting garden house and strawberry pics to ensure smiles and chuckles from fellow gardeners and neighbors…

Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Sjoerd you are doing well with your strawberry plants and love the painting on your greenhouse.

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  6. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Sjoerd, I can see the strawberries growing in your patch already and was just thinking about how delicious they are going to be. In fact, I was at the supermarket yesterday admiring the strawberries section and it took me back to the time when I was in an organic farm in Luxembourg. I still remember the sweet, juicy strawberries that I plucked straight from the plants and into my mouth. It was an unforgettable experience that I'm still drooling over. Yum!!! :)

No I did not buy any, from experience they are all sour :( and the price is ridiculous.

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mel— my Bride always hopes for the first strawb by her june b’day. Glad you liked this years’ paint job. My Bride’s eyes widened and she uttered an “ooh!”, when she heard about the stained glass description. I could see the cogs turning.

Thank you Pac— I hope that it will have the effect you describe. Gardening is fun in different ways.

Ta Loggie.

KK— What great memories you have. This first cleaning makes me become expectant.

Melody Mc., Logan and Pacnorwest like this.