I am computer-challenged :(

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Cayuga Morning, May 15, 2015.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi all,

My computer has some major problem. I cannot connect to the internet in the normal way. I must use 'safe mode' which means I can't print, can't resize the printing to fit the screen, etc. Most critically though, I can't post PHOTOS!!!!! So...while I have been taking photos of my garden to post on the stew I can't do it as yet. Hubbie, C.G (stands for Computer Guru) has ordered a new laptop for me. It is wending its was from China through Korea, Japan & now Alaska.

Hopefully I will be up & running soon!

I am so computer-dependent....

vitrsna, Jewell and Frank like this.
  2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I do hope your new laptop finds its way to you soon. I was one of those people who never wanted a computer but since I gave in and started to use one I'm now addicted. I can just imagine how you're feeling right now. :frustrated: I hope you'll flood us with photographs when the new one arrives.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Know what you mean CM. My old laptop got so slow that finally broke down and got a new one. After 8 years I wasn't sure how much longer it would last so backed up what I wanted and deleted the rest. Will pass it on to my son.

The new laptop has the newer Windows 8. I hate having to adjust everything. Or maybe resent having to learn another new platform :dislike: Mainly use my iPad anyway so that won't change. Getting stuck in my computer ways.

If it wasn't for work and all the work related classes I have to take I'd probably only have my "sit on the couch" "carry it any where/everywhere" iPad. The photo quality isn't great but I love sharing pictures and going from garden to Internet makes it too easy.

Bet you will have a wonderful collection of photos to share soon

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I am computer dependent as well. I use Apple products exclusively, and really enjoy the interactions that are possible between my iPhone, iPad and iMac. I have everything backed up to an external drive, because I am absolutely paranoid about losing my photos and data!

The other thing about my computer use is that it keeps my brain young! :D Seriously, I would so much rather learn the intricacies of a new program or app than I would playing games on Luminosity!