I can laugh about it now....

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by stratsmom, Apr 29, 2011.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Ever have one of those days when you should have stayed in bed???
    That was me Wednesday :'( We are about to gut & replace the front bathroom in our old house. To save money we are looking for sale fixtures and will do the labor ourselves. I got a killer deal on a pedestal sink at Lowe's and was thrilled :-D Sadly they didn't have the same deal on toilets. On my lunch hour I headed down to the local home improvement store to see what they had. They had the exact toilet I wanted! Because it was a discontinued floor model I got a killer deal on it too :p By this time I'm feeling like the shopper of the year!!! I get home with my awesome potty in the trunk of the car and ask my husband to help unload the car.
    Well, he was watching the weather on TV (his favorite thing) and he just kind of ignored me :rolleyes: I waited and waited for him to go unload the toilet and got tired of waiting~ I thought I'll just do it myself! ( Don't know what I was thinking because it took 2 men to put the toilet in the car) Since it had been a floor model the tank and bowl were attached. I lifted it out by the bowl so that I wouldn't tweak the tank. Long story short...I dropped it!!! :scheming: I was just sick. Thankfully it was just the tank that broke, not the whole thing. I was mad because here I am trying to save $$ and then I go and do this. I sweep up the porcelain splinters, lock the garage door and get on line to find another tank. Holey Moley!! I had no idea they were so spendy!!! Those guys really did give me a good deal!! Well I go back in to the store yesterday, tell them what happened and they sell me another tank, same design, at the same super sale price :-D They had 2 of these tanks left and I bought them both!! (not because i wanted too) Their sale price was half of the on line price so I feel pretty good about the deal.
    So far my bathroom budget is...shattered!
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who has done something this stupid :sete_062: :sete_062: :sete_062:

Droopy, Jewell and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Sorry, Stratsmom, you are the only one who did something that stupid. :eek:
    I would never go up a ladder with a full can of expensive exterior, super-duper, specially tinted paint and promptly drop it. My intention was to have a lovely spatter-pattern patio and dropping a $30 gallon of paint on it sure worked!
    Good luck with your bathroom renovation, and you could post pictures when it's done. We do admire people who persist in the face of adversity.

Jewell and Philip Nulty like this.
  3. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

No, no, no, you are not the only one, it happens! Glad you could get a replacement and an insurance too!!

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I don't understand what you're talking about! :D I do that sort of thing all the time, to my darling husband's constant amazement. The lifespan of any object I buy is disproportionate to the cost of the object. I only buy inexpensive containers for outdoors use now. They last forever.

Advertisement
  5. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Thanks everybody!!! :D Did I mention when I got home with the replacement tank my husband rushed right out and unloaded it! ;)

6. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

LOL mom, isn't there an easier way to teach or train HUSBANDS?
    LOL

7. RJ

RJ New Seed

Dude that sucks.
    I'm sorry to hear about the misfortune. I had a similar experience with a toilet and cracked the bowl. There nothing like planning on a good day and have it go down the drain (literally). Just remember every day is a new one. Soon you laugh about it and say remember when......

RJ

8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Lol,..i know i shouldn't,..but i can almost picture you when you dropped it,..not knowing if to cry,..curse,..or laugh?,..but no you are not the only one that has wee accidents.

Not being used to gas cookers and gas cylinders and the smell of the gas in those cylinders,..i moved into a house on the Victorian Estate,..i had cooked and eaten my dinner,..(note,.. i had Carrots as Veg),..i decided to bake some cookies and the oven needed to be lit for 20 minutes prior to putting the cookies inside,..while i was mixing the ingredients i became aware of the smell of cabbage,..or so i thought!,..and the penny didn't drop that i hadn't cooked cabbage,..i opened the oven door only to find the cooker was off,..dangrabbit,.. i uttered,.. or words to that affect!,..and pressed the light the oven button,...BANG,WHOOSH,..Aggggh,..i lost my eyebrows!,..my beard!,..went deaf!,..and while laughing my head off,..(nervous reaction i presume)
    noticed the oven had blown apart.

I will forever remember the smell of gas!.

Frank and stratsmom like this.