I did not know frogs made tape.

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Jerry Sullivan, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Cool tape, works nicely. What is interesting is the container the frogs put the tape into. It too is green and comes with tabs so it is easy to open, just the right color for garden stuff! There are several sizes depending on your needs. Mine never got anywhere near the recycle container. I put 'garden velcro', ID tags and tie wraps inside. The frogs also make yellow tape for delicate surfaces. They package that tape in a yellow container, it too has easy opening tabs. Smart frogs!! The next time you are hopping down the paint section of the hardware store, stop by and check out the frog's selection of cool garden containers. Oh, you may even find a use for the tape.

Jerry

[​IMG]
    Frogtape Container ( photo / image / picture from Jerry Sullivan's Garden )

Frank likes this.
  2. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

is it made from real frogs?? :rolleyes:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I order my printer cartridges from RUBBERfrog so they obviously come in all shapes, sizes and colors!! :p Clever little amphibians aren't they? ;)

4. Jerry Sullivan

It's green......I think the frogs just had a foot in it and some of the green rubbed off. Tree frogs may have played a part in making the sticky side. A photogenic Central American frog that lives in pools created by epiphytic plants posed for the advertisement. Peepers, noted for their loud call do the marketing.

Their tape worked well during its usage and the line defined by the edge exhibited no bleeding of paint. It stayed on several days, well within the allowed time period. Removal was easy and fresh paint applied a couple of days before remained intact.

Disclaimer: No frogs were injured in the making of this product. Any resemblance to real frogs, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Jerry

lukeypukey likes this.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Oh sure, ducks come up with a great tape which repairs everything from roofing to car radiators, and the frogs jump on the bandwagon and copy-cat. Is there no honor in the amphibian world?

Frank and Jerry Sullivan like this.
  6. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Marlin just what I was thinking. Very well put. Now even painters have jumped on the band wagon. I have some painter tape in my basement I haven't used yet. I hope it's not made out of old painter's! :eek:

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Y'all are too funny! I think I'm going to go check out the tape section just to see this item before they all hop off the shelf.
    :D

marlingardener likes this.
  8. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Do the frogs get paid for making them?

9. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

KK I bet the help works pretty cheaply. Probably for all the bugs they can eat. Hummmmm I wonder what the start up costs would be in getting a Frog tape factory going? Wouldn't take up much room. Plus as long as you didn't work those little critters to hard you would have a lot of free help. If over worked I think they would probably croak. :D

marlingardener likes this.
  10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Tooty, you're right about the frogs working cheaply, but the night shift would be awfully noisy!

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  11. Jerry Sullivan

The night crew are the marketing peeper frogs. They have meetings at night around swampy areas. The meetings can get quite rambunctious as everyone wants to be heard.

Jerry

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  12. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Marlin and Jerry you two are so funny. I guess one would have to put the factory in a very secluded area so the noise wouldn't effect the neighbors. ;)