I discovered the best window/glass/ chrome cleaning prod.

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by SusieQ07, Feb 27, 2011.

1. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Need to pass this tip on, to any other clean freaks such as I, 48 yrs. married and now I find out about this..go figure? clean windows, with one wipe...no streaks anymore and most of us have this in our homes, now we stocked up from our dollar store and have kept sprayers from other products and they fit right on the bottle..Dh will use nothing else now on our new car windows, but inside, I go crazy all mirrors, chrome faucets, and of course all our windows inside and out! Want to know what this product is? Isopropyl, plain and simple rubbing Alcohol! it will blow your mind, how easy to use and how amazing this works! I just have to share this with everyone, Dh and I still say, why have we never tried this? our windows actually sparkle! I look around and think what shall I try it on next? lol :idea: P.S. it's all the coloring etc. in cleaning products that make the streaks, must be? those who try it, will post here, I betcha! :)

eileen, stratsmom and Henry Johnson like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Delly

Delly In Flower

I have used that and vinegar (diluted) for years...it does work wonderful on all things glass and chrome!

4. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

vinegar does not even come close!! been there tried it! all it does is stink up your house, sour!

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thanks Susie. I must try it on all my mirrors, windows and my glass coffee table. :-D

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good idea! I use rubbing alcohol to clean things occasionally...I used some just this morning to remove a temporary tattoo from my 7 year olds arm :)

7. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I will have to give alcohol a try, vinegar has been our glass cleaner of choice for years.

Jerry

8. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Thanks for the tip...will give it a try.

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I have used Jet Dry (for the dishwasher) as a window cleaner also. It does a fantastic job, too. A couple drops in a spray bottle filled with soft water is all it takes.

10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I've used vinegar too for years. Will have to give the alcohol a try. Thanks for the tip.

11. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

There is no comparison vinegar vs./ alcohol except for sour oder vs, clean or none.. use on chrome spicots and be dazzled!!

12. dawg803

dawg803 New Seed

Thanks for sharing.. I am always looking for new cleaning supplies. I will definitely have to try this out!

13. DeepWoods

DeepWoods In Flower

I was in the sign/decal business for several years and I always used alcohol to clean sign substrates/trucks/windows etc. before applying vinyl lettering/designs or decals. Most cleaners can leave a residual chemical(s) that can effect the integrity of the adhesive on the vinyl.

14. Jacob Henry

Jacob Henry New Seed

Re: I discovered the best window/glass/ chrome cleaning prod

Mix two tablespoons of ammonia or white vinegar with two quarts of warm water. Try this solution for cleaning windows. It Works well!

15. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I've been using rubbing alcohol for years. Try mopping floors with it. It not only makes them sparkle but sanitizes also. My kitchen counters and bathrooms gets wiped down every day with alcohol. Spray plastic ziploc boxes that feel greasy and rinse. Grease is gone. Also leaves a nice fresh clean smell. I use alcohol on buggie plants. Put plant in plastis bag, spray, close bag for awhile. Does not hurt plants. I also cleaned my greenhouse with alcohol. Sprayed the whole inside closed doors and walked away. When it dryed it looked brand new again, no streaks.

16. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Yes, Donna, I use it on everything as well but not on my ceramic tile floors, there I prefer clear ammonia in water in a spray bottle, works much better and cleans better for kit floor.