I Found Dried Mullein!!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by hummerbum, Jul 9, 2012.

1. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Hi There All! Just wanted you all to know and especially Carloyn and Tootsy....that i found the dried mullein at the Healthfood store..and cheap too. I'm so happy.!

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I was just thinking about you, too! I see my one in the asparagus patch is growing quite nicely despite the heat and drought. I saw another weedy patch today as I ran an errand for the greenhouse and it wasn't nearly as nice as my weed of it. mine is about 7 ft. tall right now and blooming. most of that is the flower stalk.

4. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Wow Carolyn. That will be one of the first plants that i have whenever i finally get into a home...lol...their growing all over the place for you.

5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

We are talking common Mullein, tall yellow flower, fuzzy light green leaves that colonialists would put in their shoes to make them soft? I did not know they sold Mullein. I had some volunteer in our back yard. It stands out as you drive along back roads. What is it used for?

Jerry

Advertisement
  6. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Jerry, I use it for my bronchitis or any nagging cough. Carolyn turned me on to it when i had that bout with bronchitis a few months ago. Sad to say but i'm drinking it again...for, i believe, the onset of it again...it has a lot of medicinal uses..you can just do a search on it. My family was skeptical also until they used it..My hubby, son and daughter were amazed. I do believe that i waited too long to use it but love it anyway steeped as a tea...so i have to pull out the antibiotics along with the inhaler...
    I do recommend using it as soon as you have a nagging cough or your sinus' really start acting up..Great plant!!!

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I also read that it is good for asthma if it is smoked :eek: I don't have it nor can I test it, but if I did I would try it. My nephew was here at my house last week and I ended up at Childrens Hosp. with him in the wee hours of the morning with an asthmatic attack....wow, scary.

8. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Yikes Carolyn: I can send you some seeds from the mullen we have growing everywhere. Or I can send you some of the leaves and you can smoke it the next time you feel an asthma attack possibly coming on. It is a remarkable plant. Just send me a pm and I will wisk some off to you. ;)

9. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Wow Carolyn, that was scary..Ok when you say smoke it do you mean like a cigarette or in a bowl like Indians to with white sage? I had to get some more from somewhere...Tooty you should start you a medicinal plants garden since you already have many volunteers...just a thought!!!