I guess It's Down To Personal Choice

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Doghouse Riley, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

I went down to the local health centre yesterday to collect my wife's prescription and parked next to another car. I thought to myself, "What an awful choice of colour."
    Then I realised what it was.
    One of these.

ford-mustang-gt-eu-version-2018-1600-0c-1526481866.jpg

A new RHD 5ltr Mustang.

I bet Steve McQueen, wouldn't have chosen that colour.

2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I wonder what that drives like. When I was a youngster I had a Mustang Mach lll. It was a pleasure to drive. It was bot orange though.

4. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Ha no- It would be a bit soft for Steve. I read Bullitt had a truck suspension. But that does beg a question, if he would drive a crossover.

5. Doghouse Riley

The Mustang's of McQueen's era were a bit agricultural, by modern standards they were "thrown together" they were a cheap sports car.
    What's meant was that McQueen would have entertained driving a car in that colour.

Sjoerd and Dirtmechanic like this.

Advertisement
  6. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Le-Mans-9175LB-scaled (1).jpg

Actually yeah, maybe.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  7. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I wouldn't

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Nah, me either. Ironically, I have an aversion to orange.

9. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Sometimes I too can't understand, why some people find a color attractive - Which I hate upon sight...

Take for example the color pink. I think it's hideous and revolting at the same time. And it's only purpose in existence, is to visually induce vomiting - Just cannot grasp why girls like that color so much.

At first, I often though that something was wrong with me. But after the arrival of the internet, I met lots of other guys - Who too loathed the color pink!

This color on the car is really awful. And I believe, that no self-respecting man would want to drive in that. But obviously, someone likes it. And the manufacturer too wouldn't have painted it that, had there not been a demand for it.

I think Henry Ford had the right idea. When he said that you can pick any color of my Model T, as long as it's black!

10. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

I find most cars come in very boring colors. Try to find your boring car in a parking lot of other boring cars.
    I drive a blue car, which seems like it would be common, but not so much any more. As long as it gets from
    point A to point B.

Dirtmechanic and Sjoerd like this.
  11. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

I find my white truck gives a pleasant privacy. I never get tickets when pulled over either. Interestingly this is not the case when I get pulled over in my wife's red porsche. I am batting 1.000 in that vehicle

DianneWoollie and Cayuga Morning like this.
  12. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

We both like Black and our Mitsubushi Truck is Black Metalic.. and our New Vehicle a Nissan Qashqai SUV bought really because we are prohibited from putting the truck on the road here in Europe...Most vehicles are either Black Grey or White here in France...and the very small vehicles are for very old people and people that have been stopped for drink driving offences. A 14 year old can drive one of these small cars speed maximum 30km/hr..they do not need a license just a written test. I don't like some of the bright colours in Vehicles, but not actually too bothered what people choose....They drive like mad here in the narrow lanes, it is not youngsters, the worse offenders are the oldies...It feels like aim, fire, shoot when you see one coming for you, thanks for the flat verges at the side of the roads... put there for the safety of normal drivers!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Cayuga Morning likes this.
  13. Doghouse Riley

Our last four cars we've had from new.. The last three, Hondas, I like them as they're "bulletproof."

This is our present car, "Rhonda the Honda." it will be sixteen years old in May. But I've not done 60,000 miles as yet. Everything on it works and there's no rust, I put up with 23mpg around town as I don't usually go very far in it.

P6110017.JPG

It replaced "Brucie" (which was spruce green), we had that for seven years.

Brucie 3.JPG

That replaced one like this, a red Honda LSI.

We called it "Gloria" as the first three letters of the registration were GLO.
    Seemed rather apt in the circumstances.

index.jpg

DianneWoollie, Dirtmechanic and S-H like this.
  14. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

Photo Call.
    f1f0dbbc8bb4e6ce0f2e08ed0f480299ce70faff.jpg
    That was the new driveway slightly flattened when the Lane was changed to a tarmac surface with lamp posts...We had a fight over the lamp post and the Police were called out....we lost easily even though it was on our Land. The rules around here are weighted....
    My Soft Top with Wide ''Fast'' Wheels a Smart Car For two peeps.. haha..and Husbands Truck under wraps as the Trees were full of birds and we know what birds mess does to the paintwork...
    009.JPG
    2005... 2.8Turbo Diesel, Milage 33,000 Approx. and Leather Seats...
    002.JPG
    Our present Vehicle a Nissan Qashqai 1500 Ltrs. SUV Black and Tulip Metalic Colour
    is Cassis in French...1st new car we have ever had..2nd hand vehicles are actually
    expensive in France...
    more to add..have to go out now....
    Rover 3.5 Auto Ex Police Car but was fast and no 1st gear for fast pullaway. downside no power steering...Had the vehicle for over 10 years and when the auto gearbox failed we had a repair on it rather than a replacement as it was very different type than the normal gearbox,

purely because is was a Police Car...
    car rover 3,5.jpg
    car mg classic.jpg
    MG Sports Cabriolet...Classic Car 1977 had a lot of fun with it..except one day Husband was pushing it uphill because it would not start and ended up with a broken achilles tendon complete break...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Doghouse Riley likes this.