I had a really bad encounter today.

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by glendann, Aug 15, 2008.

1. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I came in from town and Kevins German Sheppard barked at me to let me know his water needed refilled
    again.I went over to fill it up found lots of ripe pears.I got about 5 and headed under the tree limbs and as I was leaving I was hit in the back by about 5 wasp and I reached back to knock one from my neck and got stung on the finger I have stings in lots of places on my neck back and finger Wow !!!!! painful I came home and took 2 Benadryl capsules.I will get sleepy soon.I will think twice about watering Mason the next time.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good gracious Glenda, I imagine that hurts like the dickens. Hope the Bendryl works. If you have a Walgreens in your area, send Kevin in to get you some Calahist. It is a topical lotion ...caladryl/antihistimine combination and works wonders on bites/stings and poison ivy.

4. glendann

I took Kevi to work toni so its just me here.I will be ok I think.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Ouch! Those hurt so bad too. I hope you'll be fine Glendann, poor you.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

OUCH! Soprry to hear that. Those wasps are a real nuience.
    Yesterday my wife was sitting reading in the lottie and a wasp just came and lit on her arm and stung her!...just like that, for no reason. What a crazy and aggressive little beast. :-? (the wasp) ;)

7. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

There seems to be an extra supply of them here as well. I hope you feel better glendann and keep your eyes peeled out there.
    Gardengater

8. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

I can relate! Years ago I followed my husband into the woods during hunting season in the fall. He kicked up a swarm of bees and I walked right into them. Over 50 stings on my upper torso. Luckily, I didn't have an allergy and was O.K., as we were 40 miles to the nearest town.

Those bees are really getting pesty already here, at my hummingbird feeders and after our beverages. Too early, IT'S NOT FALL YET (is it???). It does feel like here here, though. I think we're in for an early winter.

9. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

wasp stings

Hi Glendann, hope you're feeling better. Here's a little flower to help with that.

[​IMG]

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I really hope that the stings are clearing up now Glenda. If you dab them with vinegar it takes a lot of the pain away. It's bad enough getting stung once but I can hardly imagine how painful all the stings you got are. :eek:

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Glenda, we use baking soda mixed with a bit of water to make a paste. Put it on the stings if you can reach them. If not see if Julie can do it for you. It stops the hurt while the benadryl works. Don't try to drive tonight if you are still sleepy. dooley

12. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

My goodness Glenda, you did have a horrible encounter. :eek: I hope the Bene worked for you. I know it makes you sleepy. Will you have to go back after Kevin tonight? Maybe he can get a ride home. At the very least, have him put the vinegar paste on the places that Dooley was talking about. Next time, just buy the pears from the store!!! :rolleyes: Feel better friend. :)

13. glendann

Thanks for the concern everyone.I am feeling better just sore now.I plan on getting even tomorrow.I will take my wasp bomb and then get all the pears I want to.I want to make some pear perserves and pear bread and a pear cobbler.I want let them beat me.
    I have to go get Kevin so I'm drinking coffee now to wake up.I slept for about 3 hours.I will be ok.

14. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

You still be very careful. Just because you have your bomb, won't keep them from swarming. And they will be :scheming: . I can taste those preserves now. My mother use to make them and they were delicious.

15. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Dang Glenda, i sure hope the benedryl helped. Those guys don't play around when it comes to stings. Horriable!

16. travelingbooklover

travelingbooklover In Flower

I hope you are feeling better.