I love Airbnb!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Ron and I go on a lot of 2-3 day trips, often with some kind of physical activity involved...kayaking, hiking, zip lining etc. We call them our adventures. ;) Airbnb is so wonderful for this kind of thing!! We've managed to go to a lot of places we otherwise wouldn't be able to afford, OR would be forced to stay in crappy motels, if it weren't for Airbnb. Not to mention I so much prefer the warmth and homey feel of a stay at an Airbnb than I do an impersonal and cold motel, at least the mid-range ones. Some of the very expensive ones are lovely, but they're out of my price range so I don't get to stay at them, unless one of my kids takes me on vacation with them, which happens from time to time! Been to Hawaii several times that way!

We're heading out of town this weekend for a little R&R. Ron's been really stressed at work, so we need a getaway for a couple days. I used to live in Huntsville Alabama, and I love that town, so we're heading there. Found the most adorable Airbnb...an older refurbished home in the heart of Old Town (my favorite part of that city) within walking distance to restaurants, artsy stores, all very bohemian and trendy. The woman who owns the Airbnb is an established super host who just opened up another little studio apartment in the home. Plus I have relatives down there....nephews and a niece (kids of my ex-brother in law) who I stay in close touch with even though the ex bro in law and his wife don't speak to me. Those kids are all my kids' ages...they grew up together for a time when we lived there, and they've all stayed in touch too! One of them recently married and had a baby, so I get to meet my great nephew for the first time!!!

Cute digs! Maybe not your style, but right up my alley!!!
    5237d71d-1f3a-4f82-8ea7-ff44437b846e.jpg bedroom.jpg
    eb0ddb33-661f-43fd-8d1f-5e402c96e718.jpg

Sjoerd, Gail-Steman and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@Ronni both of you have a lovely time and also meeting family and catching up and where your going to stop looks lovely and clean :like:….wishing you both a very nice relaxing time :)

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It looks like a really homey and comfy place to spend some down time with each other Ronni. Enjoy your break and do take a photograph, or two, of your great nephew so that we can all get soppy over him. :)

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a comfy-looking place with light and playful decorations.
    The material that covers the sofa is very familiar.
    It is based on paintings by Jan Davidszoon de Heem 1650-1683, a Dutch painter. Some of his paintings hang in the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.

If you ever feel moved to look this guy and his still-life's up, you will notice that he often featured various types of little bugs and occasionally snails in his paintings.
    I like looking at the details of his work.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

88740366-50FC-4111-9344-9865CE91600D.jpeg My Alabama Kinfolk!! ?? Loved seeing everyone, and especially finally getting to meet my newest niece-by-marriage and my newest great-nephew!! They pulled this together last minute and made it work!! E4F42F47-9FD7-4481-845D-FB3F0144393A.jpeg C7F1A57A-B06B-4914-82F5-B0FEF422A453.jpeg

Gail-Steman and eileen like this.
  7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

We got together one more time for brunch after we’d checked out! Lookit how cute this kid Is!! ??

7D403E18-605C-41ED-8BA1-2B5E33825047.jpeg 410D5CEE-EBFB-46E1-B856-B227FDCFD89A.jpeg

Gail-Steman likes this.
  8. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Ronni smashing pic's mate and nice to see you have some now :like:...just look at those eyes lovely deep blue :heart:

I bet you did enjoy yourselves and was the place where you stayed comfortable :)

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Your great nephew is a little cracker Ronni. Isn't it so nice when you get to meet new members of your family? :) Love your photographs.

10. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Yeah, the place we stayed was really nice. Comfy, and just happy-feeling with all those splashes of color. Bed was really comfortable too...always a potential disaster when we stay anywhere. Y'know how personal beds and pillows can be, right.

See that chair in the first pic...the white wicker one with the circles? I WISHED I'd brought my actual good camera with me, and a tripod, because that chair was amazing, and I'd been looking for a good backdrop so I could take some decent portrait photos of Ron and me. He's been wanting one of us, so I was going to set up a little photo shoot and then pick the best one and frame and matte it, and give it to him for his birthday which is coming up.

Anyway, I just started fooling around with the phone on my camera, and got some really good shots! It was almost like I couldn't NOT take a great pick with that chair!! IMG_7126.jpeg

IMG_7146.JPG
    IMG_7136.jpeg
    IMG_7131.jpeg

Gail-Steman likes this.
  11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@Ronni stunning shots and took really nice especially with that chair plus pleased to hear everything suited you both well and I know what you mean wanting a comfy bed to lie on...you can see he loves and adores you :like:...I hope your going to get a few framed;)
    My hubby to take pic's of we used to set up a tripod for his camera but I hate having my photo took:mad: