I love blooming trees but why ???

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Sherry8, May 20, 2017.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I love blooming trees but why don't the blooms last longer? The same for flowers, if all of them would last longer just imagine what your garden would look like?

[​IMG]
    Flowering Crab Tree blooms... ( photo / image / picture from Sherry8's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Flowering Crab Tree Blooms... ( photo / image / picture from Sherry8's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Flowering Crab tree blooms... ( photo / image / picture from Sherry8's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Flowering Crab tree blooms... ( photo / image / picture from Sherry8's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

The anticipation, the hoping for many blooms, and finally the realization of the flowers make up for the transient nature of the blossoms.
    Your crabapple blossoms are beautiful! We look forward to our apple and pear blossoms each year, but they aren't as lovely as your tree blooms.
    I think that is why I like roses so much--they bloom, rest a bit, and then blossom again.

Henry Johnson and eileen like this.
  4. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

In this area there were some flowering trees which flowered sporadically. One lady had a tree that not only did not flower, it also had no leaves.
    :headscratch::headscratch::shrug::smt022:shrug::dizzy::shrug::headscratch::headscratch: