Ideas for my kitchen

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Kfinn, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Kfinn

Kfinn New Seed

Hi

I have a very dull kitchen and would like to bring it up to date. I am a student and we are two people sharing the kitchen. It has three doors and is therefore quite difficult to decorate I think.

I want to paint the walls white, add some sort of tiels under the cabinet area, add some types of furniture (including chairs, table and some more kitchen working space)

I need help to find cheap (preferably IKEA) furniture, that will fit in the kitchen and ensure that the kitchen serves as a kitchen. It would be cool to have some sort of "bar table" as a breakfast table, but I have no clue where to put it.

I have taken some pictures and made a Google Sketch model here:
    http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... aae7a0460a

Feel free to give me any ideas and even add them to the Google sketch (if you are up to it)

-Kristian

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. sunflower
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Platinum23
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello Kfinn nice to see a student join us here at the Stew. WELCOME :D What are you studying?

If I had to re-do your kitchen then, I'm sorry, but I wouldn't use white to paint the walls. I find it much too stark - how about buttermilk or good old magnolia or even one of those 'hints of colour' paints you can get? Tiles are always a good idea for behind cookers and sinks as they are easily cleaned of splashes. Maybe multi coloured tiles to brighten everything up and you could get a matching table cloth that way too. All the units look pretty modern so I wouldn't spend a lot of money changing them as you'll be able to pick up reasonably prices IKEA furniture which will match with them I'm sure.

I'm know others will have much better ideas than mine but I thought I's just jump in with a few suggestions anyway. :-D You must show us piccies of the finished room.

4. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

I agree with Eileen on the white - too stark. I would choose something light though. Possibly a very pale yellow or blue. I do like blue and yellow together in a room. I would bring in brigher colors in the table lines, curtains, wall art etc.

5. pnnetbuy

pnnetbuy New Seed

Maybe try some of those short shelves to put on the wall with pictures and also some kitchen related knick knacks? For the shelves I mean the ones that are like one to two feet and are just deep enough to set little decorating items on them.