I'm going off on an adventure

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by daisybeans, Jul 26, 2010.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Hello everyone,

I haven't been very active on the forums this summer but I've been looking in and reading and keeping up with everyone as much as possible. I've been kind of rushed and busy lately...

I'm going off on an adventure later this week. I'm going to Peru! I'm very excited, and a little nervous. I'm going to Cusco, places around the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu, and then ending up in Lima at the end of the trip. I'll be there for 2 weeks, leaving on Thursday (yes, in 2 more days!).

I will be thinking of everyone whenever I see some interesting flora or fauna!!! I will take pictures too, of course.

If anyone has any suggestions for "things not to miss while in Peru," I would welcome your input.

I will see you, as they say, on the flip side!

Love, MaryAnn

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. TheBip
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Kiasmum
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Have a wonderful and safe time in Peru. Goodness what inspired you to visit Peru? I am always curious about why people pick certain places for vacation and adventures.

Any photos of the Andes would be great and maybe some local celebrations if you find yourself in the middle of one. Of course the local plant life and wildlife.

4. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

That will be an exciting adventure. Have a great time and I look forward to seeing your photos. :smt039 Bon Voyage!

5. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

I've always wanted to visit there and go to Machu Picchu. Please take many pictures of that place and the Sacred Valley. Also don't forget to take as many pics as possible of whatever plants and flowers you happen to see :p . I hope you have a great time Mary Ann and safe travels.

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

*nudges FlowerFreak* Me too. I'm going there some time, I hope. It's very high on my wish list. All that wonderful history and architecture. :D

Enjoy yourself Db, photograph everything you see and flood us with photos when you get back. *big safe-travel-hug here*

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

El Peru...ah, ¡que bueno!

What a smashing choice for a trip. I shall be counting the days until your return. I wanna see some piccies....some EXOTIC piccies.
    That area is so photogenic...but MP itself can be clouded in sometimes. My fingers are crossed that you shall have exemplary weather conditions.

Buen viaje, Señorita Margarita Frijoles. ;)

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

WOW Daisy what a fantastic place to be going for a holiday!! Have a safe journey there and back and enjoy yourself to the full. We're going to miss you while you're away but will all look forward to your photographs on your return.

Have fun!! :stew2:

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Ditto what everyone else said! :D
    Have a fantastic trip.

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Nothing like a good old adventure to rejuvenate the senses DaisyBeans. Enjoy and safe journey!

11. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Thank you for your well wishes, everyone!

Toni, Machu Picchu has been on my list of places to visit and I'm excited to see all of the other places around Cuzco and MP, the ruins, towns, markets...I'm excited to explore the culture, meet the people... And the terrain of the Andes/Sacred Valley is fascinating to me. I wonder if I will be able to take it all in, you know?

Jon and Droopy, I hope you get to go soon too. I hope I can capture some of the wonder of it all ... spirit me some good photography vibes, everyone (especially Gail).

Sjoerd, si, puedo ver nube, pero tambien estrellas, y la luna, y el sol! Este es todos buenos!

You are so right about adventures Frank and you should know! I will be very careful and alert, promise, and have a good time too.

12. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Have a great trip Daisybeans :) Wish I'm going too!!! :D

13. drissel122

drissel122 In Flower

My son was married on the Colombian island of San Andres this past May. We had one of the best weeks of our lives. I'm wishing you the same on your South American adventure.

14. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Have a great adventure Mary Ann.Be safe and come back soon.I have a friend from Lima Peru.She brought me a rock back .It looks like an egg.

15. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Have fun but know I'll miss you ;)

16. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Daisy...I would gladly :D come along and be your photographer :setc_080:. Thanks for the compliment and have a wonderful time.