In a home improvement mood.....

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Pianolady, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

It's our yearly home improvement kick I guess. Last year it was kitchen & living room floors, this year I'm attacking our extra bedroom (which is tiny). It's previous life was storage room & junk, we're changing it into a guest room. We are also getting a new roof put on the house any day now. :eek:

Yesterday, I managed to get all the junk out of the room and we're donating it to Goodwill today. Painted the walls, which was a challenge because we have a loft bed in there. Must shop for furniture and curtains today. Will take after pics when done.

It's raining! Although inconvenient for my day's tasks, I'm so happy. It hasn't rained in a long, long time.

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

This will be interesting for us to follow PL, we could see the room as it progresses. Any ideas for anything special or unusual in the room?

4. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Done already...

Clearance sales ended up dictating the progress of this room. If it's in there, it was on sale! The drapes, curtains, bedding...all 50-75% off, with the exception of the comforter that I splurged on.

I'm using the old corkboard to house all those photos that get replaced over the years in frames by newer ones. Mine all end up in a pile, so I painted the cork, used scrapbook tape to place the photos on the board. No pin hole in the photos that way. I'm sure I'll find more treasure to decorate the walls, but that's as far as I got today.

Edit: Photos no longer exist

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Great transformation PL, and it also pleasing to hear that you got most of the stuff for sale price. I love the mini-wardrobe in the second photo, 'mycket synggt' (Swedish for 'very cute') :D

So is this project finished completely now?

Advertisement
  6. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Yes, that's it. Will hang a few photos on the wall, otherwise there's no more room for anything else. This is the smallest room in the house, so there's not much you can do with it. Might try to fit a chair under the window, but not sure I'll be able to.

7. Gizmo

Gizmo Animal Magnet

8) Well done looks bigger love the color. Its like the one I picked for the living room and dining room. Hubby says NO WAY!!! Well, he has the family room, 4th bedroom as computer room and garage. So I should just do it. I did the bathrooms and kitchen. He didn't think a yellow (pineapple) was going to work in the kitchen and said NO!. I did it he like it :eek: .

8. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Very nice - hey, maybe you could do a little stenciling on the walls, or add a bit of texture, a scarf across the curtains? Play with it! :-D