In Lieu Of Garden Work...

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am at home again today, so I shall be doing ‘home work’. The list of chores is not long; however there are a couple of things that really must be done:
    Potting some toms on.
    Cleaning and pruning the hedera on the balcony.
    Removing the dead erica and re-filling the root holes with fresh potting soil.
    Feeding those plants outside as well as giving the house plants their annual slow-release feed.

When it was all done, we cleaned the balcony as well as the bedroom where we do the seeding/potting-up. A quick hoovering was required this time.

Here are the toms, potted-on into their Clematis pots where they will stay until they go into the greenhouse.
    I clipped off the first leaves the toms had produced, their job being done. Besides, I want the plant-lets to grow tall and even leggy. This has everything to do with my planting style...so, the taller, the better.
    BE7B559F-6F17-4534-9E6E-E52BCF801C6B.jpeg

You can see that they are buried quite deeply. That is to encourage more roots to form along the buried stem portion. I want as many roots as possible.
    Some plants are in regular, square pots. They are my extra’s.

Here you can see the ravaged root trainers. I took the strongest out of the root trainer cells and then combined the rest.
    0D240658-46C6-4236-9548-F01A05151A42.jpeg

Finally the remaining tray, with the most recently planted plants. If you enlarge, perhaps you can read what is germinating.
    6EF9EC3C-DE05-4A58-B381-0E62CCF95079.jpeg

There are three things that are new for me this year, Crimson Crush toms, Mountain Magic toms and Ring Of Fire peppers ( pre-soaked).

I am ready for this weather to warm-up a bit now.

Cayuga Morning and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Looks great ! I pulled a few spring onions and replanted more ! Have never heard of those tomato varieties ! Let us know how they progress !

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oké Mart. Will do.
    Cheers.