Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by kuntrygal, Jun 1, 2009.

1. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I'm sure many of you have and use IE. For the last few months I get knocked off while in the midst of something.It is very annoying and has really become a pain in the b@tt. :scheming: Has anyone experienced this problem and do you know what the problem is? I don't think it could be only my computer that is involved. Maybe there are some 'geeks' that could offer a solution or something for me to check. :D I haven't been able to locate my 'geek' that normally works on my computer. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I have one solution KG, download Firefox. You will not regret it ;)

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Thanks Frank, I will give it a try. Although, I am not sure a 'dunce' like me can switch to and navigate around in something new. :D Anything has to be better than IE. :p

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You can do it KG, just takes some getting used to. And no fear of virus infections either. :-D

Advertisement
  6. Frank

It's really easy KG and we'll be here to help you out.

7. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Thanks and bless you guys!

8. Guido

Guido New Seed

Indeed, Firefox does not crash often, but it does crash from time to time, just like any other program.

But the really good thing about it is that it remembers where you were and it reopens all tabs that you were browsing before it crashed.

9. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

IE takes you back to where you were also. But it has really gotten to be a pain !!!!

10. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I installed Firefox, but for some reason it did not work with Garden Stew. :scheming: Frank is aware of this and we tried several things, but it just wouldn't work. I really like what I saw using Firefox on other applications, :p so I may continue to use it for everything but the Stew. I will have to get to the Stew by using IE.

11. arv

arv Seedling

What do you mean it doesn;t work ? The site doesn't load at all or partially or ......? I am using Firefox , no problems at all .

12. Tammyd

Tammyd Seedling Plants Contributor

I also was having problems with IE. I downloaded Firefox and love it. There are so many add-ons and other useful features. I have not had any trouble accessing the gardenstew website so far. You probably could let Firefox know of the problem you are having and maybe they can give you some advice for solving it.

13. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

When using Firefox, I type in GardenStew.com it takes me to the home page. It says 'register' or 'sign in'. I click 'sign in' and my user name is already there and my password is filled in. I have tried clearing the password and re-typing, but it does the same thing again. I tried 'forgot my password' and let it email me a new one. When I go to type the new one in, my old one is there again.

Also, when I click on the Firefox desktop icon, it takes me directly to GardenStew!

So I am back to using IE to get into GS, and take the chance on IE crashing. I have written in two forums recently and before I could hit submit, IE crashed, and I cussed!

Anyone have any sugesstions? I would be eternally grateful.

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Have you ticked the "Sign me in automatically each visit" box? Until you tick that box, it will ask you to sign in each time you come to the home page.
    Tick that box then click on Sign in and that will be it.

Also, at the top of the Firefox page is box where you enter web addresses. On the right end of that box are three symbols....an orange one for RSS feeds, a star for bookmarking a site and a triangle. Click on the triangle and a list of recently visited websites will drop down, click on the GardenStew one and it will automatically take you to GardenStew. That way you don't have to enter the GardenStew.com each time.

Also, using Firefox...click on Tools at the very top, then Options, then click on Security, about halfway down on the right side will be a "Saved Passwords" box click on that. A list of all the websites you have registered on will show up, on the lower right side is a box "Show Passwords", click on that.
    Scroll down that list to find GardenStew, it will tell you what your username and password is. If that information is incorrect, your can highlight it and click on Remove. Do NOT click on Remove All or everything will disappear. Then come back to GardenStew and enter the correct information.

15. Tammyd

Tammyd Seedling Plants Contributor

If clicking on the Firefox icon takes you directly to GardenStew it could be that gardenstew.com is your "homepage". Click on tools, then choose options and go to "main" where you can type in the web address that you wish to be your home page-then that page will automatically come up when you click on the Firefox icon on your desktop. You can configure which page will display when Firefox starts under this "main".

16. Frank

KG I know this may sound silly and illogical but try blanking out the automatically entered username also and retyping it in when signing in. I've had issues with automatically entered information not signing me in on other sites with Firefox.