Intro

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Nicole Wesley, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Nicole Wesley

Nicole Wesley New Seed

Hello everyone! My name is Nicole and I'm joining this community to learn how to live more sustainably and make some of my own food. I want to improve my eating habits and help make a difference. Does anyone have a product that can help me grow my own stuff in my home?

Frank and S-H like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Do you have a yard with sun? And, hopefully, a fenced in area? A water source?

Welcome to Garden Stew Nicole! I look forward to getting to know you.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

hi there and welcome ! its not a product you need,, just a little knowledge ! if you have dirt and a little know-how you can do it ! would help to know your geographical location !

5. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Even before recorded history, humans have always been growing food to sustain themselves, and to feed their livestock also. When humanity was just a bunch of hunter gatherers, they weren't really all that above all the rest of the animals.

However collective Farming changed all of that forever. As with it came the code of laws, (insuring a fair share for everyone). And with it came the accumulation of knowledge and wealth. Forcing the creation of a civilization...

So as far as my information goes, nobody during that entire time, ever had any special products to get them started - They only worked with whatever nature gave them, (sunlight, water, rain, soil, and a pair of hardworking hands, plus the will to keep going).

:D :D :D :D :D

Anyhow welcome to GardenStew! My own interests are self sustainability, off-grid living, (including urban off-grid), and doomsday prepping, (covering nuclear fallout survival too) - However the subject which interest me the most, is self sustainability in food beyond orbit...

We got 2 new members started this year. They too had the same idea as you, specially after we all experienced the COVID-19 global pandemic and lockdown. So lots of information in this thread below.

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/new-gardeners-need-help.41876/

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Nicole and a warm welcome to our forums from Scotland.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator