Japan Revisited - Osaka 1

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by KK Ng, Jun 6, 2018.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

After our last visit to Japan was wonderful and fun, we decided to make another visit this year. This trip we decided to visit the west side a continuation of where we left off during our last visit which is Osaka.

[​IMG]
    Day 1

This time we decided to fly Vietnam Airlines from our home country into Osaka and return from Fukuoka.

[​IMG]

Flying Vietnam Airlines we have to transit in Hanoi which gives us the opportunity of having a bowl of 'pho' before continuing our journey to Osaka.

[​IMG]
    Day 2

It was an overnight flight and we landed in Osaka early in the morning greeted by a Super Hero called "Rapi:tldier"

[​IMG]

Then it is to Osaka city from Kansai International Airport with our luggage in tow for some sight seeing inUmedaarea.

We were surprised to see a large number of people on a Saturday morning waiting to get into a departmental store before opening to do their shopping.

[​IMG]

After walking around for awhile we decided to go look for the place to have the lunch that we wanted, 'Kishimen' which is a very popular inNagoyaand to my knowledge there is only one shop in Osaka.

Without wifi/data it took us awhile to locate the shop and this is what we had

[​IMG]
    Beef Soup Kishimen

[​IMG]

Beef Curry Kishimen

Sorry I forgot to take pictures before eating, I think it must have been the hunger and excitement. They are both delicious and I asked the owner of the shop whether he is from Nagoya and he said yes.

In the afternoon we went to meet up with a friend of us and check in to our Airbnb after that. We later made our way toDoutonbori Streetto get some snacks and see theGlico man.

[​IMG]
    A Crab Restaurant

[​IMG]
    Spidey wants Kobe Beef!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Takoyaki a favourite in Osaka

[​IMG]
    Synthetic Display Food

[​IMG]
    A Ramen Shop Display

[​IMG]
    Glico Man

[​IMG]
    A Puffer Fish Restaurant

[​IMG]
    The Doutonbori Canal

Contd: Osaka2

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Getting more flashbacks to my Osaka trip. These are great KK. Was it very warm?

4. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

The weather was really good around 17°C to 23°C. It was sunny and rained twice. Even though it rained it was not a problem.

Frank likes this.
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Nice temperature! I remember running into the Glico man also :)

Advertisement
  6. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Fantastic photos. Our son would love to go to Japan someday.

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks EJ, yes Japan is a lovely place to visit.

8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

it looks like you had a fabulous time KK. thanks for sharing. I will probably never get there to see it firsthand.

9. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Yes Carolyn we had fabulous and thanks for coming :) Japan is a unique place very safe, pleasant and a culture that words cannot describe on the wonderful side. Make it a point and I am sure you would be able to make at least one visit. :)

10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

KK, while it sounds grand... I have not turned into much of a world traveler... I am not sure I could get on a boat or a plane and go somewhere.... neither forms of transportation thrill me....none of my family just up and goes...anywhere. and I am one of 7 children in my family... 6 of us are still here but it must be a genetic thing? no need to keep moving...

11. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

:)Well arm chair travelling is nice too! :D Glad I'm able to bring some part of the world to you:)

Henry Johnson likes this.