Junque from our 3 days of RandR

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Jul 3, 2009.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Yes we did find several good junque places, sadly the one that looked like it had the best of all junque was closed and no one knew when it would reopen. :'( I'm talking rusty wheels (not car wheels), old washtubs on stands and just stuff that could be used for planters, etc.

The windmill is homemade from nails welded together, the green planter isn't old but will come in handy in the herb garden, the plaque is made from tin that is painted and the flower petals have been cut so they stand out, the bottle is an old IV bottle that will become a hummingbird feeder or something and the wood piece was just too interesting to pass up...I think I will paint it and hang it on one of the trellis's out front.
    [​IMG]
    Assorted future garden junque ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

The blue cooking pot is large, 10 inches tall by 14 inches across...I think some red, white and blue plants will look good in it. The store owner told us that a local artist had been looking for something like this for one of his paintings but it came in the day after he had been there and bought something else to use instead. My good luck!

[​IMG]
    Large cooking pot ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

And a smallish window, frame painted yellow. One pane is cracked so I think I will take it out and hang a small watering can, then paint flowers on the other panes.
    [​IMG]
    smallish window ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

After painting the plaque and glueing the cups onto the candle holder parts it will be a cute birdfeeder.
    [​IMG]
    Future birdfeeder ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

There were a few things I now wish I had gotten but I guess I wasn't meant to get them or I would have when I was there yesterday. ;)

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I really like the nail windmill Toni, unfortunately I don't think the wind will be able to spin it much.
    Nice finds!

4. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

What an imagination, Toni. Those things are really cute and will look good in your garden. I really like how you put the plaque to use for the birds.

5. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

The cracked window only adds character. You made a good haul again, as usual!

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My favourite is the large cooking pot but the windmill and the, soon to be, cup bird feeder are great as well. None of our shops have anything remotely like the junque you find worst luck. In fact if we want anything similar we have to go to a reclamation yard and all their stuff is way too expensive. :(

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I love the windmill too and the Spring fever sign :)