Just had another idea.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by eileen, May 12, 2005.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

How about seperating the jokes, games etc from the General Discussion forum? Maybe calling it something like........Fun Stuff..........Lighter Topics or something along that line. What do you think Frank?

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Yes, I had thought about this as well Eileen. If I did this though I would have to move it down to the Other Stuff section, meaning it is not as accessible. Although I do not believe this is a major issue. In fact I think I will do it.

Another suggestion is to move the Community section, containing the General Discussion, Member's Gallery and Books forums, down below the Around The Home section. I think this might put more focus on the Gardening and Home Improvement forums. What do you think?

4. eileen

Hi Frank,

I'd move the community section down if it was up to me. As you say it'll create more interest in the gardenening and HI forums.

I'm also formulating a few more ideas but as I'm off early tomorrow morning for a long week-end break I'll have to leave them for now. Hope you don't object to me poking my nose into what is, after all, YOUR website?

It's just that as a regular user of the boards there are certain things that spring to mind now and again. :)

Take care.

[/i]

5. Frank

Eileen, I value your opinions and suggestions greatly as you a VERY ( :) ) regular and valued user of these boards. I am going to go ahead and move down the Community category. You can easily access any forum anyways from the handy menu at the top (BTW do you use this menu or how do you navigate around the forums?)

And by the way, ok the forums may legally be mine but we all know the real truth... they belong to the COMMUNITY :p :p

Keeping throwing the suggestions my way 8)

Advertisement
  6. eileen

I use the menu AND navigate around the forums Frank. :D Depends, if I have time to spare I browse, otherwise it's a quick menu stab. :D

7. Frank

It is very interesting to hear how other people view and navigate the forums. This information is extremely important to me as the forum can be rearranged and evolved so that it is easy to get around and functional. If you have any gripes about even stuff you think may not matter a whole (e.g. colour of menus etc...) I would be very interested to hear them.

Thanksss :):)

8. eileen

Me? Gripe? NEVER......... but now you mention it.................

Can you arrange an internet connected laptop for me to take away this week-end 'cause I'll miss GardenStew and, of course, YOU FRANK!?!!/! ;) ;)

So..... what did you think I was going to say?? :D :D

9. Frank

Well I think a laptop may be out of the question indeed, but your spirit will still be wandering around the boards, I'm sure of it :)

10. eileen