Keeping Fit This Winter

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sjoerd, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Some gardeners have become more sedate during this phase of the gardening cycle. Digging, pruning, hoeing, building, shifting objects of great weight into the auto to take away to the rubbish processing location…all of these normal activities common to our hobby have now been put on hold, by and large. Having said that; fellow gardeners, one must stay fit and be ready to perform the tasks come Spring.
    To that end, I include here an exercise program for you to get you fit and keep you fit, so that when Spring rolls around you can hit the ground running…or walking, as the case may be.

The Ministry of Silly Walks has kindly provided the citizens with a program to render gyms and sport clubs obsolete. Look at this chart. You may have to enlarge the diagram to properly read the explanations.
    F05F0632-49B9-4E9F-80A8-A3AC5E00EF3B.jpeg

Here is a quick research video to help you:

Before you begin, you can take a look at Minister Teabag and see how it all started. Further; if you develop your own Silly Walk, you can submit it to the Ministry. The final vid will give an idea of the process.

Keep on truckin’.
    upload_2022-12-22_11-19-58.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    Frank, Logan, Cayuga Morning and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I think I'll try those outside in the dark. After all I don't want to be in a police cell over Christmas or worse an asylum!! :smt043

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Just flash them your Parliamentary Friends Of The Ministry card. Yoi’ll be alright, mate.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Eh... so this is NOT how people should walk around town? Oh, I feel terribly silly now. Dear me... I mean, there are places in Norway that have mandatory silly walk crossings:

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

That is hilarious! I wish we had something like that here ... people are all so SERIOUS these days!

Logan, Cayuga Morning, Droopy and 3 others like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks for your appreciation. I agree, there needs to be more humour and folks need to lighten-up a bit.

8. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

Nice one Droops, it's good to have a laugh. I sent the video to a few of my mates who have a sense of humour too!

9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Silly walk burning calories. Well funny and if you're on solid ground. We are in the mist of the Arctic Blast. It is lil teeny tiny pellets that look like snow. Very treacherous… maybe just shoveling the walk way will help burn a few calories.
    Half the western part of the state is shut down. Temps 15’ at the moment and more ice expected later.

Logan, Cayuga Morning, Droopy and 4 others like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hello Pac, do you folks use salt and sand for walkways and so forth?

Keep safe there, you guys.

11. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Haha!!! :D That is funny Droopy :)

12. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

If gardening is your only exercise, than it's as well to engage in other activities in the winter.
    I play golf three times a week, weather permitting, i.e. we don't start off in rain, Each round, works out at about a four mile walk. At this time of the year, it can be much harder than in the summer. The greens remain pretty much the same, but it can be hard going on some fairways.
    At other times when I'm out of the house and I'm walking, I walk at a brisk pace and always use the stairs in shops, avoiding escalators and lifts.

13. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

No salt used it cracks the cement , we use cat sand …
    It was extremely icy yesterday and day before. We are getting more icy rain ☔️ today.
    Just goin with the flow . Out feeding the horses this am. It’s amazing to watch them eat. A lot of steam beings to just flows up off of their backs like huge steam engines. They fogged up my glasses…:smt115
    I always keep some hay out for them. I put on their winter coats they are nice and warm and cozy. It’s warmer today 32’.

14. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Today's exercise will be walking inside the house with the hoover and/or a mop. I might have to drag a bag of sand around outside so nobody will hurt themselves on the ice that's forming as I write.

Those teeny tiny ice pellets combined with a little wind makes for great free facial peeling. That's what I told myself and whoever came with me when we had to exercise the horses in that kind of weather. These days I wait for it to blow over before going out to shovel it away from the entrance area and the driveway. Our horses had winter rugs with necks up to their ears. In really bad weather they managed to pull their heads, ears included, so far inside that turtle neck we only saw the steam from their breath coming out.

Logan, Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.
  15. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Exercising in cold is tough unless your riding on the horse they will keep you warm. Like huge heaters.

Logan, Sjoerd, Droopy and 2 others like this.
  16. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Great videos, very funny!!!

Logan and Pacnorwest like this.