Kitchen fitting

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by catkins, Jun 24, 2006.

1. catkins

catkins Seedling

I popped to my local B and Q two days ago, to get some sealant for my bathroom, i came home with a fitted kitchen :D , we spent all day yesterday putting it together and have only done half!!
    Im having a bit of trouble fitting the handles,they are double ended and i dont see how to make the holes in the right place easily, does anyone have any ideas??
    Thanks in advance
    Catkins.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Cat it's lovely to see you posting again. :D

Now about your handles .... we've fitted a few of these in our time (a real pain) and we have to turn them on their side, against the piece of furniture, and then mark the place where you want to drill holes with a felt tipped pen. You'd think B&Q could at least mark where they're supposed to go wouldn't you? It would make life sooooo much easier. Hope this helps.

4. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Measure, measure and measure again... Then drill one hole and put it on with only one screw. Use a level to make the handle level and trace around the spot for the second screw with a pencil. Take it off and drill the second hole.

Another way is to make a template from cardboard or thick paper - figure out the spacing you want on a drawer and drill. Now take your paper and put it over it so you can mark exactly where the corner and edges are and where the holes are. Place this over the next, blank, drawer and line up the markings to show you where the next set of holes needs to be.

5. catkins

catkins Seedling

Oh sound ideas, thanks!!

Fancy inviting me for tea Eileen?? ive got no water and no cooker and im starving!!!!! Maybe dooley will post me her bean? :D

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You're welcome here anytime Catkins. :D

7. catkins

catkins Seedling

Well ladies, i took your advice and this morning i fitted the door handles, they look fantastic!!!
    My hands were shaking so badly, i couldnt hold the drill at first :D , will send a pic soon , thanks again for all your help
    Catkins