Kitchen window now useful

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by toni, Oct 27, 2015.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Previous owner of our house enclosed the back patio many, many years ago which means I can not see anything from the window above the kitchen sink except the washer/dryer and in the distance a glimpse of the back garden through one of the windows. So the window has been covered with a curtain, except during nice weather when we put a window fan in to pull fresh air through the house. I had shutters on it for a few years and doo-dads on the sill...but the fan is more important.
    I collect shutters....all sizes and colors, singles or pairs...one of my junque passions. So I had Randy hang one just above the fan for my growing collection (no pun intended) of indoor plants that really like the fluorescent light above the window.

Kitchenwindow.JPG

The plant hanging on the wall to the left has out grown the wine bottle it is in and will be transplanted into a larger pot and something else will be planted in the wine bottle.

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Yup, looks like exactly the right use of an old shutter. I admire your ability to think of fancy ways to reuse your finds.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

So do I droopy and I have to say I love what you've done with the shutter too Toni.