Latest Bird Companions in my Kuwait Garden

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by travelingbooklover, Aug 25, 2009.

1. travelingbooklover

travelingbooklover In Flower

I haven't posted in sooo long. It has been a spring/summer of travel. Thankfully, my gardens in Kuwait have survived (for the most part, I lost a beloved fig tree and my veggies have given up in this 120F/ 48C heat). Anyway, here are some pics of my latest companions. Last summer, a baby falcon kept me company along with the usual finches, doves, etc. These two sing- LOUDLY- from very early in the morning until dusk. I just can't be mad at them, they are too comical. They hop along watching me work, they seem to think I need to be encouraged. In this heat, I do.

[​IMG]

I think they posed against my bags of peat on purpose. Maybe they think their color shows up better or perhaps it is just plain cooler under the table.

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm so happy to see you posting again TBL as I thought you'd forgotten all about us. :( I'm glad you were off travelling and hope you have some photographs from your trip for us all to see.
    What a pity your fig tree died while you were gone. Will you be planting another one to replace it?

You have such handsome (well to me anyway) feathered friends visiting your garden. These little birds are only found for sale in pet shops here. It's lovely to see them 'in the wild' - so much better than being stuck in a cage.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well Hello, TBL. I was wondering about you recently and how you were getting along in the heat over there.
    We had temps around 105 for most of July/early Aug and as miserable as that was I will stick with it and you can keep the 120. :eek:
    Sorry to hear about the Fig tree, speaking of which I need to set the hose on mine today.

Please, pictures of your travels would be nice. Your little gardening companions are beautiful.

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

How nice to hear from you again. I was very disappointed to hear about your fig tree. :(

Those are nice-looking little birdies. Do they travel in flocks, or pairs?