Learning about different cultures

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by toni, Jan 28, 2016.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My daughter teaches at a private school and sent me this request from the Social Studies teacher in the high school.

-------------------------------------
    CIA, Cultures-In-Action, is made for the students who are interested in learning about different countries and various cultures. For each meeting, we invite a speaker who would present about a country which they have experience with. Some have lived abroad, immigrated to the U.S., worked overseas, or served as a missionary in another country. Our members indirectly experience the culture through the speaker. Moreover, we provide a Q&A time at the end of each meeting, which is a great opportunity for the students to broaden their world view. We have heard from Europe to Africa, Asia to South America, and are anxious to hear from more countries. Speakers can be here in person or they can skype from wherever they are.
    -----------------------------------------

If this is something you would like to take part in, send me what used to be called a Private Message and I will send you the name and email address of the advisor for this group.

Thanks much!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  2. Loading...