Lemon Plant with Dying New Small Leafs

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by raheem88, Jun 26, 2020.

1. raheem88

raheem88 New Seed

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first participation in this website. I started planting few different seeds few months ago. I planted my lemon seeds 6 months ago, and it was growing well. A month ago I took it inside because summer here the temperature exceeds 45 degrees Celsius. But I noticed that the plant new small leafs/branches keeps turning into black and fall before they even get bigger, and it happens few times, then a new branch grows well. It feels as if the plant is struggling from something but I have no idea what's the issue. Can it be that it is still near the window and the heat from outside does that? Or because of the AC inside home? Or it's a watering issue?

I attached a photo for the plant and a photo for the black new growth.

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Could it be lack of water?

4. raheem88

raheem88 New Seed

No the soil is really humid. I never let it get that dry.

5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Welcome to the forum !
    I also grew some lemon from seed ! Was not a good plant ! As mine got older (it was outside) it developed thorns that were about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long and never had a lemon after 5 years ! These pllants can be grafted and what you get from seed is not what the plant is but just the root stock ! Can be related but there is no guarantee it will produce lemons ! That said,, as a plant grows tall it often loses leaves ! Yours lookks healthy so I would just let it grow a while ! Losing a few leaves is common !
    The dark color can be related to whatever the root stock was,, or beginning thorns !

raheem88 likes this.
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

This usually happens when the soil becomes too acidic or salty. Synthetic chemical fertilizers always leave a salty residue later, as they decay. Thereby increasing the overall salinity of the soil, (which all citrus trees and bushes hate).

raheem88 likes this.