Lentetuin Breezand 1

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We have been off to visit a "Spring Garden" (Lentetuin Breezand). This is actually an expo for businesses; however, regular people can visit it and have a look at what is being shown.
    In this thread, I am only going to show a few pics of the growing and harvesting of flower bulbs.

To begin with some foto's of the fields...mostly tulips:
    zzzbab3.jpg

Then some foto's of the growing and harvesting of plants in greenhouses:
    zzzbab1.jpg

Finally there are some pics of the peeling of the dry bulbs before packing them:
    zzzbab2.jpg

I have more foto's of the beautiful flowers that my Bride and i saw at the expo, but i will post them on a separate thread.
    Now we are heading out for a stroll in the park and along the water to check out the harbour's skyline. There is sun at the moment!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

The photo of the Kop Van Noord looks like a quilt--perhaps some of our quilters will be inspired! All the photos are interesting, and who knew how much work went into those packages of bulbs that we buy?
    Thank you for the tour, and I'm looking forward to the next set of photos.

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks Jane. It is why I made this posting--because unless you live here, you just might not know what all goes into the handling and packing. Almost every young person does pellen. Pellen is translated into--"peeling". It is where the youngsters peel off the perhaps dirty outer layer off...like peeling the dry, brown skin of an onion.
    The Kop van Noord Holland is the area where we live-- everything that is above the
    Noordzee Canal. The precise area in which we live is West-Friesland.

Things here are lovely, but the real beauty is yet to come.

marlingardener likes this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I remember those tulip fields so well. My first impression was, like Jane, that they looked like a glorious patchwork quilt. It's something that will live with me for the rest of my life.

6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a nice thing to hear, Eileen. I never get tired of seeing the fields each spring. I like tulips so much we have them constantly in the house from off january. They are very inexpensive here--40 for 5 euro's.