Major new GardenStew.com feature -- PlantStew

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Frank, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi all,

As we speed toward our 100,000th forum post here at GardenStew I'm very excited to present our latest feature. It's called PlantStew and it is our very own plant database! It is a place where the entire community can share their plant knowledge and learn lots about plants everyday.

Check out some example plant pages already created by members:
    Paeonia officinalis (Common Peony)
    Alcea rosea (Hollyhock)
    Hibiscus coccineus (Scarlet Rose Mallow, Scarlet Hibiscus)

Instead of posting an detailed introduction to PlantStew here I recommend instead reading the Getting Started page first. It contains a quick overview of what the feature is about.

To enter PlantStew at any time you can click on the PlantStew button in the top menu. As the feature is very new you may encounter some errors or mistakes so please use the handy Send Feedback link within PlantStew to let me know and I will get right on fixing it.

Also don't be disappointed if you search for a plant and it is not there or missing information. This is where the whole community can help each other by suggesting new plants and adding information to existing ones.

I'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank members that took the time to test out PlantStew beforehand and who entered the first batch of plant information to help get it kick started. I know it will be the beginning of something just as special as the forums here at GardenStew.

You don't have to be a plant expert to use PlantStew and everyone will have something to contribute so don't hesitate to share any knowledge you have no matter how small.

I really hope you all enjoy using PlantStew and get many, many years of enjoyment from it :stew1: Happy learning!
    // frank

-------------------------
    //// Edited to add - If you have a GardenStew account you automatically have a PlantStew account :)

2. PepperDude

PepperDude In Flower

Thanks Frank, and i have 1 question that may sound kinda stupid but.. are veggie plants allowed?

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

This sounds like it will be very interesting. Will there be a Plant Stew section? ;)

4. Frank

Every plant is allowed :) The more the merrier. If a plant you search for is not there please suggest it and I'll be sure to add it for you.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a great idea, Frank. I can see that this will help us all with not only identifying plants but also learning more about how to grow and plant them.

Well done, mate!

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Fabulous idea Frank! :)

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I love it already! :D I hope all Stewbies will take time to add their plants. There's so much knowledge on this site, it would be wonderful to have it all in the PlantStew.

8. Frank

Hi KG, I'm not completely sure I understand the question.