March 2015 Gardening To-Do List

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Frank, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

What is on your March 2015 gardening wish list / to-do list? :stew2: That's if snow is not your enemy right now!

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

The snow IS my enemy right now Frank, but the long range forecast is a little warmer and will surely bring on a full fledged case of 'Spring Fever'! It's time for me to go through my seed supply once again, and make a list of things I need. Seed stands are popping up all over now. I also use this time to clean and inspect my Hummingbird/Oriole feeders.

4. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Just cleaning out gardens I failed to get done last fall.

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Cold and wet is the problem here, no ice or snow at the moment, but we are getting more rain than we have had in Winter in YEARS. It's not a drought breaker but it is slowly adding inches to the water reservoirs which are several feet lower than is good.

I have some seeds and plants on order. The north sun bed I am turning into a butterfly/bird garden this year so when the weather allows me outside I will be moving some plants from it to other places and plants from other places into it.

Advertisement
  6. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Like the cobra & the mongoose; the snow & I are deadly enemies. :chuckle:

Frank likes this.
  7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We've still have 3 inches of snow on the ground in the shady places but I plan on starting some seeds in a couple of weeks.

8. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Once it warms up enough to till, we're going to remove two gardens and replant back to grass. I over-reached my ability to handle the upkeep and need to cut back. I'll have a little transplanting to do, but most of it was transplants from my other gardens in the first place.

9. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Pull and dig-up dandelions and buttercups before they go to seed. Maybe pick some more of the later blooming narcissus/daffodils to bring into the house. Last weekend we got the blower out and blew all the fir needles and debris off the driveway, sidewalks and patios. After work each evening I pull a few weeds that have rooted between the brick pavers.:D

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My March to-do list is getting longer and longer. But on the upcoming warm and sunny days the calender is filling up with non-gardening activities and it's getting very frustrating :worried:

11. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

We still have multiple feet of snow, so my gardening tasks are still indoor-related. I have joined a community garden this year, so I need to buy seeds to sow a cover crop (?buckwheat?) because the plot might be too big for me to keep up with, I want to buy or build a compost bin for the garden, make some bean poles, maybe buy some neem.