Microsoft and Zone Alarm

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by dooley, Jul 11, 2008.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I called our DSL people yesterday and got a voice mail saying Microsoft updated and it caused a conflict with Zone Alarm so to get onto the internet we had to turn off zone alarm or cut down the service. Dan told me to change fire walls. Well, I couldn't do it so he's coming over today to fix it. Mean time I'm here at his library using the computers. It was thundering and lightening too much to use it yesterday afternoon and evening anyway. dooley

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I hope everything runs smoothly for you again Dooley once Dan has changed over your firewall. I'm glad you can still post on the library computer as we'd hate to be without you for any length of time.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Dan came and changed my firewall and things are mostly back to normal. I'm having some trouble accessing yahoo mail but that may be a yahoo thing. Dan said he has to come when he has more time and do some maintenance on it. I have too many things that load on start up that slows it down. Oh, well! I'm not computer literate enough to go into the innards like he does and he told me not to do it. Okay, I can live with slow startup until he has time to fix it. dooley

5. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

I HATE MICROSOFT!!!! that is what I have to say about that....