Mirror TV or Regular TV..help!

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by DesignMolly, Oct 23, 2012.

1. DesignMolly

DesignMolly New Seed

I saw a picture online of a mirror TV above a fireplace. We have an electric fire place so safety isin't an issue but installation is. We have limited space above the fire place where we want to place the TV. I don't want to put a lot of holes in the wall or hire a contractor for the job, just want an easy set up that my handy husband can take care of so I'm debating between a regular flat screen TV or a mirror TV. I'm leaning towards mirror TV since I think it will look better when turned off as a pretty mirror rather than a regular TV.

I saw Mirrorvue offers a magnet wall mount option with their mirror TV which seems perfect for our space. My only concerns is will the magnets be strong enough to hold up the TV? A woman I spoke to assured me they would but I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with this type of mounting system. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as it seems in the pictures.

2. Loading...

3. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Very interesting Molly... I have never even heard of a mirror TV! So, it is a mirror when the TV is off? What will they think of next?
    It sounds like a cool idea for over a fireplace like yours.
    Sorry this does not answer your question though.

4. DesignMolly

DesignMolly New Seed

Hi Kay!

Neither had I! I stumbbled upon it while looking for regular TV's online. I attached the picture I first saw that started my mirror TV obsession. We decided we are going to try it out, They had a special sale going on and we figured its worth it since the idea of a mirror TV is so cool to both of us. Hopefully the mounting is as easy as it looks. I will let you know how it turns out :-D

5. mepooooo

mepooooo New Seed

I recomend you to buy a miror TV. They look great and if your space is problem why not to save some of it. They are new technology but i think that they are good.

Advertisement
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Please post photos of the after and let us know how you like it. We too have admired the mirrored TVs

7. designtoddy

designtoddy New Seed

Mirror televisions aren't ideal for a main television because the picture isn't as clear as you might think. My audio video guys have directed me away from them for applications like these. They are best used in bathrooms (at the vanity) and in applications when you are probably multi-tasking...