missing work for a few days

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by fatbaldguy, Apr 24, 2018.

1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

because of a frozen shoulder. The Doc thinks a cortisone shot will make a difference. I certainly hope so.
    Woke up Sunday morning with a twinge in the left shoulder. Worked in the yard and garden all day with stiffness and pain increasing.
    Called/texted off work at 9:25 pm Sunday.
    Saw Doc 11:15 am Monday. X-rays negative, can't do MRI because of extensive hardware.
    Left arm is useless right now. Get the shot at 10:00 am local time today.
    Thoughts, well wishes, karma, and prayers are all welcome, and coveted.
    Don't need to post that you're doing it, actions are what help.
    Pain tends to make one short-tempered. Having difficulty not snapping and being short with people now.

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Zigs
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sherry8
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

That stinks FBG! I've had some issues with my sciatic nerve and so I feel for you.
    Here's hoping the cortisone shot makes a difference for you!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

:fingerscrossed: The shot will soon have you out of pain. Take care.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

FBG, I've found being a pain is better than having a pain :smt077. Hope the shot works for you and you are back to your active self soon.

fatbaldguy likes this.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Pantothenic acid....aka B5. Your body needs it to work effectively and when your body doesn't get enough all sorts of health issues arise including shoulder problems. When Randy and I first met he was getting frequent Cortisone shots in his shoulder (I think either weekly or twice a month). I scoured through my Adele Davis books, found him some Pantothenic acid and he has not had a shoulder problem in almost 40 years.
    Read up on it and see what you think.
    Hope you get some relief from the pain soon.

7. mart

mart Strong Ash

You have my prayers FBG !! I would say a pain in the posterior,, but I know it is in the shoulder !! Had the shots in my knee and no problem since !! Keep us informed and I will keep you in my prayers !!

8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I hope it works for you...it is hard to heal or get it to feel better because you always use your arm, sleep on it and so on. I had like 4or 5 cortisone shots in my arm a few years ago. The regular doctor gave me a couple of them and the relief didn't last long. Then I had 3 where they use an ultrasound to try and get the cortisone right to the area that is affected. Those did a lot better than the first ones. But you should not have too many of them and they need to be spaced out in time. I think the hardest thing to do was put my winter jacket on without hurting it/ dressing if anything went over the head. Good luck and give it time and if the cortisone shots do help don't over do it because you are feeling better. Now years later and it is better. I hope you get relief right away.

marlingardener likes this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Lets hope that the injection will have you fit again very soon.
    Keep in touch.

10. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Thanks to all, had the injection 2 days ago. The pain is reduced significantly. The range of motion has not been improved very much at all. I'll be giving it one more day before calling. I provide the only income for the household, so not working is not an option. A 12-18 month recovery is also not an option. There is an arthroscopic surgical procedure that has a very good rate of success. I'll be aggressively pushing for that should there be no real change in the range of motion by tomorrow.

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

FBG, let us know you you are progressing, please. Happy the pain has lessened, but sorry you still have limited motion. Good thoughts coming your way!

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sending you my best wishes FBG, that sounds like an uncomfortable experience. Keep us updated :flower:

13. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Getting referred to an orthopedic surgeon. There hasn't been enough of a difference since the injection to suit the Doc. It wasn't like I was being pushy or anything:smt021. In other news, I will have lots of refugee help in the garden and yard!:smt040

Sjoerd likes this.
  14. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Sorry for what you're going through FBG. :( You mentioned hardware...have you had a shoulder replacement? Is that what you were referring to?

I hope you get in to see the orthopedic surgeon soon. Do you have that appointment scheduled already?

15. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Thanks Ronni, hardware means plates and screw from a serious accident in 2003. Appt will be set today. Folks at work are nearly apoplectic.