More flowers are blooming!

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by 2ofus, Jun 18, 2015.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

First is the iris-
    flowers june 2015 002 (Small).JPG flowers june 2015 003 (Small).JPG flowers june 2015 004 (Small).JPG flowers june 2015 005 (Small).JPG flowers june 2015 012 (Small).JPG A few more different flowers

flowers june 2015 007 (Small).JPG

Kona Dianthus in full bloom

flowers june 2015 008 (Small).JPG

flowers june 2015 009 (Small).JPG

And the last is of my honeysuckle arbor seat, flowers june 2015 015 (Small).JPG

That's all for now. It sure feels good to have something cheerful to look at now.

2. Loading...

3. kate

kate In Flower

Oh those Iris colors are awesome 2ofus,

The flowers are also pretty.
    K

2ofus likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Those are gorgeous iris and aquilegia and I know the bees are going to love your honeysuckle. Isn't it wonderful to wake up, look out on the garden and see so many lovely flowering plants?:)

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Such beautiful blooms! Loving that pale pink Iris ... all mine seem to be shades of purple.

2ofus likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Beautiful 2ofs! I love your iris. That pink one & the yellow one are gorgeus.

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

The pink Iris is Beverly Sills. Why I remember the name I don't know. This is the first year of blooming for the yellow one. I wished I had written the names down but...? I do know that I ordered each one based on whether it had a nice fragrance. I love flowers that smell good. I just wished iris didn't spread so fast. I love the Iris pallida Variegata for the soft color, striped foliage, and the wonderful smell but I have 4 clumps of it scattered in my small yard and some need to be divided again! I don't mind dividing them but it seems no one in my little town plants many flowers. I've even advertised in the paper when I had divisions of lots of different flowers and only one person came and picked some out. I HATE throwing flowers away!

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

2ofus, Your iris clearly like your growing conditions. I am surprised that you've had so few takers for your extra plants! Does your town have a Garden Club? Many Clubs have sales in the spring & are always looking for gardeners like you to get cast off divisions from. A Garden Club member comes to my garden every spring & we dig divisions together for the sale.

9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

2ofus....just gorgeous...I love your garden....our honeysuckle is blooming too and this is the first year I noticed such a great smell from it...I wish they made scents for the home that smell as good as our gardens...I love the second iris, not one you see around here

10. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We have sort of a garden club , or did. I'm not sure there is now. They used to take care of the small flower bed in front of the nursing home but I noticed that is just back to bark and weeds now. I do have a neighbor though that is very involve with church and other groups. I have shared with her before so this fall I'll see if she, or any of her friends, are interested in more plants. I have definitely tried to cram too many flowers in my small beds!
    Sherry, unfortunately, my honeysuckle doesn't have and odor. I haven't found one that is hardy in my zone, but I keep looking! ;)

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Love the variety of colors.

12. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

2ofus- Those are sooooo beautiful. I love the Beverly Sills. I know exactly what you mean about Iris spreading quite fast. I just dug out some miniature purple Iris that I had neglected for 2 years. Not a pretty sight. I also hate to throw plants away so I put a for FREE ad on our Craigslist. I had over 100 tubers and they are all gone, and I still have more I could divide up. But not this month anymore.
    Anyway I was wondering if you would like to do an Iris swap. I have this beautiful purple blue double bearded Iris that is fragrant. I'm going to swap some with Stratsmom. I would love to do a swap with you for a tuber of Beverly. Here is the Iris I have. Just let me know what you think.
    DSCN3515.JPG

2ofus likes this.
  13. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I would love to trade with you but it would need to be next year as this is the first year they have bloomed. They do not spread very rapidly. The pale blue one was planted last year also and it seems to spread even less than the pink.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  14. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

2ofus---no problem. If you would like I can still send you a large tuber of the above Iris is have. Just let me know.

15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Its a breathtaking flower collection, 2OF.
    Just smashing.
    Chapeau!