My Aim To Become An Interior designer Shadowed By..........

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by macrane, Feb 28, 2007.

1. macrane

macrane New Seed

My main aim in life is to become an interior designer. From the moment I wake up to the moment I.....well I don't really stop thinking about it actually HeHe.

This Aim though is shadowed by a lack of drawing skills. O and believe me I have tried so hard to achieve the skills I need to draw. It's just not coming to me.

This worries me, as I want nothing more than to become an interior designer. To do so.... one needs drawing skills or does he?

I guess that's what I have come to this forum for, well apart from give some good advise to people about their interior dilemmas.

This is one for the people in the know about interior design.

Does my lack of drawing skills affect my chances of following my dream to become an interior designer? Can I make a good career and comfortable lifestyle in interior design without drawing skills?

I am now at a point where I have over tried to get my drawing skills, and it is really troubling me because I need to be an interior designer. I couldn't think of having any other career that would satisfy me.

Thanking You All For Your Time Taken To Read This Post And For Any Comments Left.

Mac. :D

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Mac,

I would have thought that with all the modern technology we have at our fingertips today drawing skills were no longer essential to becoming an interior designer. Try having a look at different websites on the net - here's an example:

http://www.sketchup.com/

There are so many to choose from that there is bound to be one to fit your requirements. Don't give up your dream just because you can't draw!!

4. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Here where I live I personally know several that are in work all the time and neither can draw. Even graphic artists today do not have to be talented in the drawing arena. Perhaps you are trying to draw too hard and need to relax your expectations. I believe that everyone has a little drawing talent- you just have to entice it out. 8)

5. macrane

macrane New Seed

Thanks for the advice Eileen and Bethie I will keep this in mind. Thanks a lot for your replies. Mac. :D

Advertisement
  6. markcutlerdesign

markcutlerdesign New Seed

Its the idea that counts

Hi Mac, I am an interior designer, and I can draw, but I think that if drawing is an issue for you, you just need to find a way to communicate your ideas. I know that when i work with my clients I use sketches and drawings to explain my concepts, but if I couldn't draw, I could use images from magazines, swatches of fabric etc to convey my idea. But dont give up on drawing, but in the meantime, try and find a way that works for you that allows people to see what is in your head.

7. Alexandra

Alexandra New Seed

what about 3d?

Hey Mac,

I am a 3d artist and I am currently working on a computer to create interior design furniture and set up scenes. I just recently started to do this, but I find the programs that I am using to be very helpful.

Have you ever considered trying your skills in 3d? And do you know if interior designers commonly use 3d programs to put together scenes and demos for their clients?

Alexandra.