My dishwasher dilemma

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Donna S, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

You may recall a couple of weeks ago my dishwasher quit. We decided it was to old to repair and decided to buy a new one. It was delivered last week and my husband installed it over the weekend. First time we turned it on it flooded my kitchen with hardwood flooring. So we had to call a GE repairman for a brand new dishwasher. He shows up Tuesday and tells me to call the store and have it replaced. Store tells me it's not their problem , it's GE's. :smt013 Now I'm seeing red.. After many hours on the phone with the store and GE I have a new dishwasher being delivered tomorrow. Now get this :twisted: I just received a phone call from the store asking me how I wanted to pay the delivery charge and disposal charge for the other new dishwasher. I bit my tongue so hard it hurts. I've put a damage claim against the store and GE incase my floor buckles. At this point I'm afraid of what tomorrow will bring.

2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I can only say Good luck! We've just been through something similar with the internet supplier and a modem...

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Donna, I feel your pain. We had been in this house for a year before our dishwasher was recalled. After four months without a dishwasher, thanks to the "authorized repair" shop, I lost my temper and pitched a hissy that was heard all the way to headquarters. The dishwasher was "swapped out" which meant we got a new one. That one died of the same malady after two years. I cannot tell you how much I dislike Maytag.
    Don't bother with the shop or the repairperson--go to headquarters and don't mince words! Keep a record of each call, each e-mail, and every promise that is made. GE doesn't want a lot of negative publicity and the cost of replacing a defective dishwasher is small change to them.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

What frustration! I just had my fridge repaired and the repairman told us of a samsung fridge that was sold by a local appliance store. the fridge was on their floor, bought, delivered, plugged in, didn't work. It took 3 months for samsung to issue a repair order and get it fixed. I wonder what they did while waiting. I know that I would have pitched a fit, that's for sure.

Advertisement
  6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

One of my customer bought dishwasher.It also leaked ran it while gone.Floor damage and ceiling in finish basement. It was a GE.The dealer tried to say Hard wood floor would (lay) back down.Like walking on a RR track.Oh it was weeks. Also brand new 2 weeks old.

7. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Ohhhh, that is down right discussing. Some stores just don't show customers any respect. It wasn't your fault the dishwasher failed. Another example of customer service trying to wiggle out of their obligations. Around here the dishwasher has been washing dishes flawlessly for over 30 years and I never make a mess on the floor. :) I hope your problem gets resolved.

Jerry

8. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Two years ago, my old hotwater heater shorted out and tried to catch fire, so I bought a new one. We had a friend come over to help my son install it. Some of the pipes broke, so we had to buy and install new plumbing around the new hotwater heater. That took several days. When the new hotwater heater was finally installed and the plumbing fixed, we still did not have hot water. It turned out that somebody at the factory was putting any old broken heating elements in the new hotwater heaters. Thankfully, the store and the company made good on it. Even so, it was 5 days without hotwater until we got it all fixed, and that was in February the other year. I guess someone at the factory had a little sideline going ripping off the company who made them. I sure hope he got canned, and other civil penalties. It is a good hotwater heater, and has been fine since then.

9. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Yikes Donna I hope it all turns out in your favor. I hate getting a runaround and their nerve in charging you for getting rid of the washer is ridiculous.
    Do not let them push you around.

10. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Oh, they are not pushing me around. I will fight till the finish.

11. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

The appliance stores here haul off your old appliance to fix and resell to someone else, at no charge. Sears does charge a hefty fee to deliver though. They insist and claim it will void your warranty if they do not set up your new appliance. I can certainly plug in my own appliances, and level them.

12. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Just got off work. Had to call Customer Her Hot water wasn't working.She had me go to dealer.1/2 block away. If I see steam coming that way.She had to wait a week before.But Lucky going to Vegas for 5 days.