My firefighter son

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sending every positive thought I can to those brave boys and girls Ronni. Do let us know if you hear anything from Corey.

Ronni likes this.
  4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I’ve been in touch with my daughter in law. The firefighters are exhausted to a man. Corey and his brothers have been fighting these fires for 40 hours straight. They’ve just been given a break before going back out there. I’m having trouble focusing on anything else right now. :(

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

:fingerscrossed: for your boy and his team.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

Is there any word of the fires starting to come under control Ronni? Oh how I wish for a really heavy, prolonged rain storm to quench them and save those poor fire fighters having to go back in and tackle the flames.

7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Not yet Eileen.

8. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Ronni my thoughts are with you and :fingerscrossed: crossed for Corey and his brothers who do an excellent job.

First Prayer for Firefighters

God Almighty,
    We worship you, the Eternal Flame.

Your holy fire purifies and cleanses. Through you, we are given life and life abundantly.

We come today to thank you for our beloved firefighters who are daily alert to the ferocious fires that seek to destroy both life and property.

Their bravery provides a loving canopy to our lives and our communities.

Loyal and true, they stand ready to protect and defend from the burning disasters that target our loved ones, our homes, our small towns, our big cities, our farms, and our forests.

As they daily stand guard waiting for calls of distress, draw them close to you and nourish them with heavenly blessings.

As they rush to emergencies, riding on engines of mercy, prepare them for the unknown challenges that they will face.

Whether the blaze is large or small,
    protect them on each fire call.

After the fire has been quenched and they return to the station, we pray for refreshing times of rest.

Each day, Lord, may your wisdom guide them, your encouragement uplift them, and your love comfort them.

Amen

Ronni likes this.
  9. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Amen Gail. Thank you. :heart:

Gail-Steman likes this.
  10. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Ronni it must be terrible for you..sitting on tender hooks not being able to anything but wait :(

Ronni likes this.
  11. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

This breaks my heart.

"Firefighter union president rips Trump: Brian K. Rice, the president of the California Professional Firefighters, criticized President Trump on Saturday after he threatened to withhold federal payments to the state, claiming its forest management is "so poor." The president made the comments as the state is battling multiple deadly wildfires.

"The president's message attacking California and threatening to withhold aid to the victims of the cataclysmic fires is ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning to those who are suffering as well as the men and women on the front lines," Brian K. Rice said in a statement.

"Wildfires are sparked and spread not only in forested areas but in populated areas and open fields fueled by parched vegetation, high winds, low humidity and geography," Rice said.

He added, "Moreover, nearly 60 percent of California forests are under federal management, and another two-thirds under private control. It is the federal government that has chosen to divert resources away from forest management, not California."

https://www.cbsnews.com/…/california-fires-camp-malibu-woo…/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My son, his firefighter brothers and sisters, countless other officials and private citizens are fighting these devastating fires in whatever ways they can. They aren't shifting blame or pointing fingers. They are selflessly saving lives and homes. They are heroes.

I'm routinely in touch with my daughter in law Mayra, and have had the opportunity to speak with my son Corey very briefly too. He says the fires are still only 10-15% contained and unless there's some rain or the thing runs out of fuel, he predicts it will go at least a week more. He's exhausted. His kids/my grandkids and Mayra miss him, but as the family members of a firefighter they've been here before, and will be again. Hang in there son, so many people are sending love and light to you and everyone else fighting this devastating event.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Cayuga Morning and Gail-Steman like this.
  12. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@Ronni I do hope your son and brothers keep safe :fingerscrossed: and Mayra and the kids have the strength to cope... my :heart: is sent to you all :smt056

Regarding what trump is threatening is bad, he can't have an heart or commonsense :mad: I don't usually get in to politics as it's kept in the home but he's sounding as bad as our prime minister who was never properly elected by the general...our firefighters besides others who work for the public have been cut back besides wages and the lot drives me mad mate :frustrated:

13. eileen

How can anyone propose to withhold help from the victims of such devastating events? I'm sure if it was his property that was going up in flames he'd be the first to want compensation!! He'd also expect every man and woman in the emergency services to be there for him wouldn't he? I'm sorry to say that I really believe that the man is deranged and should not be allowed to stay in office.
    OK rant over.

Cayuga Morning and Gail-Steman like this.
  14. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thank you all for your positivity and empathy. I didn't intend for this thread to get political, and I still don't, that's not what this is about, but I was just so devastated by Trump's lack of support and empathy.

I recognize that I'm not objective at all. I can't be....this is my kid who's being threatened. It doesn't even matter that he's 40+ years old, an adult with 4 kids of his own. Makes not a damn bit of difference. THIS IS MY KID AND HE'S IN HARM'S WAY. :eek:

And even more than that, he CHOSE to serve, to put his life on the line, to protect, so can we please just quit spewing the CYA rhetoric, quit pointing fingers and casting blame, and just effing HELP?????:mad:

Sorry.....sorry. I can't even think about this without getting angry. And upset. And then I start to cry, and then it all goes sideways for me.

Just keep sending love and light and prayers and good mojo OK? :heart:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Cayuga Morning, 2ofus and Gail-Steman like this.
  15. eileen

Ronni I can fully understand what you are going through. If it was my son out there fighting the fires I wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything else. It doesn't matter what age our children are they are all precious and, as mothers, we never want to see them put in any danger. Your son is a hero to have chosen the job he does and I'm keeping everything crossed that he, and all the other fire fighters and emergency workers. come through this terrible time safely.

Gail-Steman and Ronni like this.
  16. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Ronni I know that...the lot just drives me made because where money is needed and I mean totally needed it's being pulled back on or played through political reasons and I would feel the same if I had a child who was putting himself in dangerous besides his wife and children worried stiff.

It's also a shame for the devastation of peoples lives and the animals going through it...my :heart: goes out to you all in this situation :(

334a2d827a6337561d2afad76904e5c3.jpg