My Heart is breaking.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Tooty2shoes, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

I hope that no one on the Stew has any relatives or friends who were victims of that mud slide in Washington. How sad and scary. It is unreal how fast ones life can change in the blink of an eye. I hope I didn't cause any sadness, but I just had to ask. Those families are in my prayers and heart with so many people still missing. :(

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Yes, this event is so very sad. How powerful mother nature is and mud too. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victens and their families.

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I was thinking the same thing. I can't imagine what these families are feeling. Prayers for all of them.
    I was thinking this for the plane in Malaysia, too. Poor families.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Prayers for all--and if the worst happens, may the families have the comfort of knowing that complete strangers are sharing their grief.

Advertisement
  6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Good friend just moved to Washington. It was good to hear her voice. So quick and very sad.

7. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

That is very scary. And sad for the people there. And ditto on the prayers.

8. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Glad to hear that those people will have a good prayer covering so to speak. Like the guy said on the news this morning, you can not imagine the scope of the mud and debris they are dealing with.

9. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Very sad and unfortunately in geological history it has happened several times on a much grander scale in this region. When I work to the south in Orting I often thought about huge mud flows that had happened from Mt. Rainier covering vast areas of the Puget Sound. These valleys now have huge populations working and living in an area covered by 20-30 feet of previous mud flows. Didn't help calm my fears that we had yearly drills getting to high ground.

Prayers that families will have some since of closure and peace in time. Thousands of volunteers are working through the quicksand and mud. We have had some really heavy rains since the event. Everyone has been very generous. My husbands Rotary collected several thousand dollars at this mornings meeting for survivors.

10. Carol Ann

Carol Ann New Seed

Oh so sad. I agree. I too did pray.

Can you imagine what that must be to suffocate in mud.

Then he plane that went down.

If they have found pieces of plane.

Why are they not going down to see if it is suitcases a float. This seems so unsure. I mean these are qualified people they say. If it was there families They would be down. Doe sit make sense to you.

11. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Jewell I can imagine that it would be pretty nerve racking living where you do. Funny how people can forget about the earlier tragic events that shaped that area.
    It is so good to see that the death count has dropped. But any death is such a loss.
    Like you said about all the outpouring of help both physical and financial.
    When I was out in Oregon many years ago. I fell in love with that state and Washington. Especially the mountains and the coastal area and have thought of actually moving out there now that my hubby is retired. I definitely would rethink where we would actually look to live.

Carol--yes it is all so tragic. It is hard to make sense of why things like this happen. :rolleyes: