My nightmare continues

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Donna S, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

It has taken almost a month for GE to get it right. We sent them the estimates for the kitchen floor by email. They sent message check was in the mail. Three days later I had a check for half the amount. A phone call got me an apology and second check was in the mail. Three days later a check arrives with the wrong amount. Third phone call the girl says she added wrong and my husband gives her the exact amount. Check arrives and is still $13.00 short and has a form asking us to evaluate her performance. DUH!

Then this Saturday flooring arrives and guess what!!!! Wrong color. So now it's wait two more weeks for delivery and hope its right. Can you hear me screaming. :dizzy:

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Donna S's Garden )

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Donna, it's time to make another run to the wine store :'( . Whatever happened to customer service? Or minimal competence?
    I sympathize a lot. Truly. If this keeps up, I'll send you a case of good Texas wine.

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh my Garsh!
    Y'know Donna, its getting sloppy all over these days.
    It really IS enough to drive one right around the bend.

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I know why all your problems started.

During WW1 and continuing into WW2 British and then American aviators had many problems keeping their aircraft in combat condition. Mechanical problems were a constant hazard and would be the source of grounded aircraft. Engineers were finally able to locate the problem but were unable to totally rid aircraft of the nemesis. When aircraft returned to the US from the European Theater of WW2 they brought the problem with them. That source still abounds to this day and continues to plague mechanical components of almost every industry. GREMLINS!! Yes, you have a nest of gremlins in your house. Their signature is a compound problem that seems to have no end. There may be a solution to your dilemma, maybe. Get a trustworthy small person, troll(not usually), elf(hard to find) or Gnome, hmmmm...and place the small person near the problem. Wait and hope for results.

Jerry

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I hate when that happens! I certainly feel your frustration.

6. Jerry Sullivan

To further explain the problems:

When they setup up nest keeping they had a nest warming party and a distant cousin, a financial Gremlin), attended the festivities. Financial Gremlins usually do not stray too far from home, so there has to be a large population of financial Gremlins nearby. Is anyone experiencing large money problems in the area, perhaps in the billions of dollars? Anyway the financial Gremlin brought a small nest warming gift. All the Gremlins sat around as the box was opened and were amazed as the little problem went to work. Being a small problem it was more of a nuisance, not amusing to those effected but it delighted the gathering. Perhaps two Gnomes may be needed.

Jerry

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Holy Cow Donna, I can't believe you are STILL dealing with this! I am almost afraid to buy a new appliance after reading all this. I had a similar ongoing argument with my ISP that just couldn't seem to get my bill right for about 6 months running. I FINALLY got it all resolved last week. It turns out that the regular girl was off on Maternity leave. Before I found that out, I was really frustrated and honestly wondered how stupid people could be? It was simple math!! I hope it doesn't take 6 months before you whole fiasco with GE is resolved!!

8. Jerry Sullivan

It doesn't say much for customer service or their repair people to have the problem continue this long. A local cable company, not the one we have now, took two months to refund an unused portion of the monthly fee because they could not figure what a 'mysterious' piece of equipment was. No one knew what the untraceable number referred to so they continued to hold up the check. It finally arrived today. The new cable company works like a charm. :) An evaluation of their performance? Sounds like they need improvement in all categories.

Jerry

9. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Jane, Send wine. :p

Sjoers, It's driving me somewhere. :eek:

Jerry, I have 23 gnomes. No help yet. :rolleyes:

Cheryl, I'm way passed frustration. Good thing I have weeds to pull or I'd have no hair. ;)

10. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Oh my Gosh. Some days you really have to wonder what line some people got in when they were handing out brains. I sure wouldn't want that girl working at a bank. :eek: Oh I think I added wrong. :eek: Weed pulling helps on get rid of all kinds of frustrations.
    Then to have them ship the wrong color. Come on now. They really need to have a reality check. So what plant are they living on. :rolleyes:

11. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Up date. I finally have a new floor. And believe it or not the GE repairman just left. Dishwasher would not dry dishes. Hopefully this is the end of all the aggravation and I can put my kitchen back together.

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh I thought all this was behind you. Little did I know that while I was on holiday you were still having all this frustration. I really hope that everything settles down now and you can get back to a normal routine again.

I think what you need most of all is a BIG group hug from us all after all you've been through - so here you go:-

[​IMG]

Cayuga Morning and Mrs. Galeassi like this.
  13. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Thanks Eileen. I needed that.

14. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Poor thing.... Pics please of the new floor????

15. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple