My Spider Story

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by stratsmom, Sep 19, 2007.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I know all of you will appreciate this because you appreciate spiders as garden visitors :-D Myself, I'm scared to death of them :D
    Last night when I was leaving work I took a minute and checked on my daylily seed pods that are drying in the flowerbeds. I'm waiting for them to dry and open so I can send them to SeedFreak. Well, about a handful were dry so I broke them off and was holding them in my hand, since I had locked the office building I was too lazy to try to get back in and get a paper cup to keep my seeds in. I just sat them on the console of my car and headed home. When I got in the driveway I separated the seeds from the pods and in one of the pods this fat little spider falls out and lands on my lap and makes his way to the floor. I didn't even give it a second thought until I got in my car this morning. He had built himself a web across my windshield and the passenger side of the dash board! :smt100 I was already running late so I just left him there, I could see him holding on in the breeze from the defroster. EEWWWWWWW :setf_049:
    Somebody please tell me is means good luck or something when a spider sets up house in your Honda!!
    Deanna
    :-D

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Daniel W
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. EJ
      Replies:
      Views:

3. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

[​IMG] ................. :oops: Sorry!

[​IMG]

Yes, spiders in Hondas are GOOD luck,
    so long as the driver does NOT become too preoccupied with keeping an eye on them!

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

In some ancient cultures the appearance of a spider in a persons daily life could mean that the person was not weaving their dreams and imaginings into reality. Some interpret that as meaning there is some desire in the persons heart.... writing, drawing or other creative process, that the person is not following thru on and the spider and it's web is reminding the person of that.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

:D (sorry) I have a garden friend who also is terrified of spiders. She's got a nice, clear voice, but it falls to a desperate whisper each time a spider says hello to her.

Advertisement
  6. sandyz3girlz

sandyz3girlz New Seed

[​IMG] Holy cow - I would of had to taken DH's car - there is no way I could get back into my car until I knew for certain that he was GONE!!! EWWWWW!!!!

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We have a spider who lives in the wing mirror (passenger side)of our Kangoo and when I get bored on long journeys I find it fascinating to watch him in his web.
    I wouldn't be quite so brave though if he lived inside the car!!
    Around here spiders are supposed to bring good luck to the person that they choose to live with. We must be some of the luckiest folks around as I keep findng huge garden spiders scurrying across the floors. :eek: I'm brave enough to put an upturned glass over them but leave them for Ian to pick up and put back into the garden although I do put the littlies back out all by myself. :p

8. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I do not like spiders either, but I can't help but laugh at your story. When we first moved to the village we live in we lived in a 110 year old Acadian house made from cypress, rough wooden beams running across the whole length of the house. It of course was a spider magnet and I tried to keep the inside beams swept down at least once a week. One day as I was sweeping the living room beams a big, fat, juicy spider fell from the ceiling and I had no idea where it went. I started shaking my hair, dancing around and pulling my tshirt off. My oldest daughter was small and was laughing so hard at the sight she could not catch her breath. Never did find the spider.

9. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Well it's been a few days and I haven't seen my spider hitch hiker. I had to scoop out his web with a newspaper because I had to sit on the passenger side of the car and didn't want to share with him! :stew2:
    It is good to know I'm not the only one with a fear of spiders!! I know it sounds ridiculous but they move so fast and sometimes they jump! I am lucky though because none of our spiders get very big compared to the ones you see in Florida and the warm states!
    Deanna
    :-D