My vegetable garden in July

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by petunia, Jul 15, 2009.

1. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Well we been busy getting through baby showers and getting my son ready for college but we been working in the garden also. We have put up string for the toms to grow up on. Their coming along nicely.
    lets do an 'before' and 'after' it'll give a better show.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]
    Here's a full length pict my daughter took
    [​IMG]

Here's our pumpkins strung up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In our garden we have been water plants individually, yes this can be a pain and back breaking BUT we're finding there are much less weeds to pull. As you can tell thru the pict there are very little to no weeds in between the rows this deffinatly is the pay off, alot less weeds to pull.
    We still need to get our front door attached on the front but that'll happen come august or 1st of september. We'll want to keep as much heat in to keep the vegie going for as long as we can. As it is they're already saying many of our farmers are 2 weeks behind.
    Now as good as this looks I am disappointed that I will not be having any cantaloupes, watermelon, peppers, or radishes. some came up but then died out. We do have some cucs coming but my pickling cucs didn't amount to anything either. I guess being the first year on this type of greenhouse-what we do have is good atleast I'll enjoy the toms.

2. Loading...

3. gardenmama

gardenmama In Flower

I love the green house..what a cool way to grow.

4. BeaOniit

BeaOniit New Seed

WOW! I just LOVE your green house. As for the watering, I might suggest a timed irrigation system with 1/8 inch hoses running to the base of each plant. That sure has saved me a lot of trouble in my garden.

5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Wow all that family activity and you still got the green house going! :stew1: Great job! Looks like you'll be having tomatoes long unto the fall. Can't wait to hear how long you can extend your growing season.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Petunia, you folks have done very well, haven't you. I'll bet that you are REALLY glad you put up that tunnel, aren't you? The before and after shots give such a good idea of progress.

7. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Beautiful job on the greenhouse, Petunia. Looks like you'll be up to your ears in tomatoes. Good luck, girl.

8. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

I was looking forward to seeing your massive greenhouse planted up and what a great job you have done Petunia......green with envy :D

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

OO now you're making me even more jealous!! It was bad enough showing us piccies of all the space in your greenhouse but now you've gone and added veggies!!!
    Seriously though your plants all look great and I hope you get bumper crops Petunia.
    I don't know where you find the time to tend all those plants with the busy life you have but I'm so glad you do and that you let us see their progress. :-D

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Greenhouse looks great Petunia,job well done!

11. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Thanks all for the comments. Yes even though we got our garden in late I'm still hoping for tomatoes. I do have 2 Plants at the moment that have a tomatoe on them right now, so with any luck we should get a bumper crop. Our corn is right behind those toms as far as growth, we should be having enough for dinners on those.
    Well On my way downstate for my daughters baby shower today-looks like we'll have a good turn out too.

12. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

That is so cool, Petunia! I was looking forward to seeing what was going on in there too. That's a lot of tomatoes, Girl!!! I am always fascinated by the creative things people do for structures to support the plants. Are the toms intertwined around the strings?

Hope you enjoyed the Baby Shower too. :stew1: A new little stewbie!