Natchez Trace Tennessee

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Got to ride part of the Natchez Trace yesterday:

The Natchez Trace, also known as the "Old Natchez Trace", is an historic forest trail within the United States which extends roughly 440 miles (710 km) from Natchez, Mississippi, to Nashville, Tennessee, linking the Cumberland, Tennessee, and Mississippi Rivers.

The trail was created and used by Native Americans for centuries, and was later used by early European and American explorers, traders, and emigrants in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Today, the path is commemorated by the 444-mile (715 km) Natchez Trace Parkway and Bridge, which follow the approximate path of the Trace,[1] as well as the related Natchez Trace Trail. Parts of the original trail are still accessible and some segments are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The bridge is an amazing structure! I've driven under it and over it, and it just never gets old. This time of the year especially (fall color) it's crowded with people who've parked on both sides of it in order to get pictures of the vistas spread out below.
    [​IMG]

Ron, the friend I went with, suggested we ride the Trace on his bike, which made it about 10X more exhilarating!! God what a rush!

[​IMG]

The view from either side of the bridge:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect day for it too...mid 70's and just enough cloud cover so that the sun wasn't beating down relentlessly on us as we rode the bike, making it so comfortable to be out.
    [​IMG]

There is just no way to capture the depth of the color ... I need a better camera!!
    [​IMG]

It was a lovely afternoon!

Jerry Sullivan and Frank like this.