Need decorating help in the Master Bedroom

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by bixa525, Nov 7, 2011.

1. bixa525

bixa525 New Seed

Here is my bedroom:

[​IMG]

This is the mirror I am placing over the bed:

[​IMG]

I need color ideas for pillows and a throw for the bed. Also I have a triple dresser and a stand up chest that need something on the tops of them. I was thinking maybe white or silver accents for on top, but maybe this is too much silver for the room and white would be better. Also do you like the mirror?

Opinions?

Here is the chest:

[​IMG]

Sorry no pic of the triple dresser. I need ideas of what types of items to place on the tops of the chest and the dresser. Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Many colors will coordinate with the pale blue of the walls so choose at least three of your favorites and find a throw and pillows in solids of each color or prints that incorporate two or all three of the colors. With the pale blue walls, white linens and silver mirror make the colors darker and different shades of each to add depth. Not primary colors though. The colors are a personal choice so you need to go to a linen store and play around with combinations of pillows and throws until you find the ones that YOU like. Don't buy colors based on someone else's opinion, you will get tired of them soon, colors you like will keep you happy for a very long time.

As far as decorative pieces for furniture tops, are you going with decor or things that have a meaning to you or that can be used in everyday life? If you have family photos, vacation photos, scenery photos, etc. that you like to display, different size and colors of frames for them on top of the chest would be nice. For a more minimalist look make the frames all the same size and color, probably black or white.

On the dresser, a pretty box to hold jewelry or a silver bowl to hold your wallet, keys and other things that are in your pockets. A flower arrangement (silk or live) in shades of the colors used on the bed, in a glass vase.
    Three candlesticks of different heights and even different designs, silver, white or black holding different size candles in colors of your choosing.

You could just wander through department stores or furniture stores to find decor pieces that you like. The furniture stores have 'rooms' displayed with decorative items, some you may find to your liking.