Need help picking colors to paint walls.....

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by limike820, Nov 3, 2009.

1. limike820

limike820 New Seed

I just bought a home and am going to have work done to it before i move in. Im clueless when it comes to decorating so i need all the help i can get. The house has hardwood floors that are covered by carpet all over the house. I just ripped out all of the carpet and am having my hardwood floors refinished tommorrow. I have painters coming in on sunday and i'm still completly clueless on what colors im going to pick. thanks...

2. Loading...

3. limike820

limike820 New Seed

This is a pic of the living room. I was planning on removing the shelf and cabinet on the wood paneled wall and have sheetrock cover the wood paneling. Crown moldings are also going to be installed in this room, dining room and master bedroom. My idea was to paint all the moldings white to have it contrast with the color on the wall. Also a new mantle will be built around the fireplace which will also be white. I was thinking of having all the walls in the living room one color and the wall where the fireplace is would have a darker accent color. Any help would be appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If your walking towards the fireplace and make a left you enter this dining room.
    [​IMG]