Need help with fleas in yard

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Pinkiered, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

We have them bad! I dont know if its from one of the other yards on either side of us or its ours but the dogs and cats are bring them in. Our house is very close to being infested. Tonys, our roommate,room is infested and so is the bathroom (thats where the litter box is) and they are making their way into my room. I was bitten a few times. We have been treating the rooms, but it doesnt seem to be doing any good.

The dogs are treated with Frontline and Ive been using it for years so I know its working. I cant get close to the cats to treat them. They seem to know when I want to treat them.

So how do I get rid of the fleas from out of my yard? Ive tried a few things but it doesnt seem to be working.

2. Loading...

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Animal Magnet

:setc_015: know what u can try and works good in the house. It's a powder laundry detergent called Borax (Not sure of spelling). Just sprinkle it around and vacuum it up in an hour. If u like u can sweep it into the rugs and leave it down a few days. :shrug: know about the yard. Good luck.

4. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Im trying something for the yard. Ill let yall know if it works.

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

there is a herb called pennyroyal that repels fleas. Plant it in your yard. sprinkle the dry stuff on your carpets and leave it overnight and then vacuum it. Put it in your pet's beds. It works. Dooley

6. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Hey I had pennyroyal in my yard last year! LOL Ok now THAT makes sense!!! Ill run out and get lots today!

Thanks!