Netscape and Norton Antivirus

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by Netty, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Well, after a 4 hour download (darn dialup!) I am good for another year of Norton Antivirus Protection. Only problem is now I can't get Netscape to open! Do you think it has anything to do with the recent Norton upgrade? I dread downloading Netscape again as it would probably take 4 hours too. Anyone have any ideas what has happened?

2. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Netty, this is a great site for troubleshooting computer problems. http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php
    You can look in their archives or join and ask a specific question and they will get back to you promptly. I have dial-up also, I downloaded a whole cd and it took 15 hours! :'(

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Frank, I still have problems with my stew new post it didn't help that at all.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

So I checked out the link that Bethie suggested...a great site by the way...and from what I read there I decided that I had better run Ad-aware etc. That didn't solve my problems so I took Franks advice and downloaded Firefox. It was only a 30 minute download on my crummy dialup. My next dilemma was how to get all my e-mail addresses and bookmarks out of Netscape but Firefox was able to retrieve them from my (still not working)Netscape. I guess all that's left to do now in uninstall Netscape! Thanks guys!