New critters to our area !

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by mart, Mar 7, 2022.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

I had just fed the birds a couple of days ago and stood and watched them eat ! Happened to look toward the street and saw two half grown otters bouncing down the street ! Now we are not close to any large bodies of water just smaller stock tanks ! Only larger one is the vets down the road ! There is a small creek and that's where they were heading ! Odd thing is we have not seen them in NE Texas before,, or at least I haven't seen them ! But google says they are making a comeback in our area ! Its not often you will see them running down the road! They are beautiful animals !

2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You are blessed Mart. How fortunate you are.
    Cor— otters in the Texas outback. It doesn’t get more exciting than that, what!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Our river is much cleaner than it used to be and every now and then we see otters hunting for fish in it. You are so lucky to have actually seen them out of water Mart.

5. MIKE ALLEN

MIKE ALLEN Seedling

You lucky so-n-so. I love otters, but have never been close to them. I used to keep and breed ferrets. To me. These were my substitutes for otters. I think otters and dolphins to be such wonderful creatures.