New Junk

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by cajunbelle, May 3, 2007.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I know, I know, where's the pics. Sorry, hopefully DD will get things fixed up soon.

I got my fan grates planted, I did one and liked it so well, that I put my ugly cacti in another one. They really look nice, the second one I am going to try and hang, if I find the chain to do it with. The first has sedums, other succulents and an ice plant in it.

My proudest accomplishment, with Richards help, is my headboard, 3 coats of primer and 2 coats of gold hammered paint. The headboard is from the bed I slept in all of my childhood life, many dreams in that bed, many memories also. When I left home the bed stayed. My Mother and Father divorced after 30 years of marriage, I did not know about it till it was over with. Let's just say I was living my own life then. The bed went with Dad. He lived on a houseboat. When he passed, the houseboat and contents went to my youngest brother. He rented it for a while, then let it go to pot. Finally, the people who owned the land hired someone to tear the houseboat and cook shed down. I knew the mother-in-law of them and she got the bed for me. Dad had cut the footboard down so he could see the tv at the end of the bed. The headboard has small holes rusted through in one place, but it is underneath and rain will not be able to collect in it. Today was the first day for me to drive down the road toward my house, when I looked up I saw the headboard. It looks at home again, it's final resting place, once more a useful, functioning part of my life.

2. Loading...